PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trainer card legibility

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

yell0wdrops's Avataryell0wdrops
Suggestion Summary: Rules or reformatting of trainer card text so text can't be tiny and they remain legible. Positive points: Legibility. Negative points: Less trainer card text customisation for users. Reason For Consideration: Readability for visually impaired users and no eye strain for non-visually impaired users.
PFQ has pretty strict legibility rules, which is great for disabled users and for legibility in general. But there are a lot of users that have trainer cards that are (almost) unreadable. I party-click a lot, and tend to read the trainer cards while I do so. I have really good eyesight and quick reading skills, but even for me some of the profiles I come across are hard to read. I imagine that for users with visual impairments that is even worse. Some examples I made to show what I mean: (This one still reads fine for me, but considering the minimal requirement for font size is 10pt, this doesn't seem to follow that.) (Example of some of the worst I have seen. I saw a trainer card almost exactly like this earlier, which was what made me finally make this post. Note the extra empty lines at the end to make the text smaller.) My suggestion would be that there should be some rules regarding legibility for the trainer cards, or for the way that trainer cards are currently formatted to change so that it automatically applies. I don't know anything about coding, so I can't really suggest how the latter would work or if that would be a viable option or not. (Could not find any pre-existing threads in the last 2~ years about trainer card legibility.) Edit: note that phone viewing may warp the example images. They are enlarged for me on my phone.
all art from official Pokémon manga/games
Gilded's AvatarGilded
If you poke around in Inspect Element for a maxed-out card, it straight up says the font size is 6pt: (click for a higher quality img if you can't read it!) I really don't think this hypocrisy was done on purpose since I think the 10pt rule was only added in the latest reworking of the legibility guidelines? While TCs haven't really been touched in ages So, yeah, I 100% agree an update is needed here! I've had similar issues as you with reading some TCs so I can't imagine what it's like for people with proper vision issues :( Sure, it would suck to lose out on some of that space for info but would it really matter if people could barely even read that info in the first place?
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ┊ it/they/he ┊ ┊ pfp by box ┊ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
You're absolutely right. I've changed the minimum size to 10pt.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page