PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 222324

Shazi's AvatarShazi
March 16: A new section has been added at the bottom of this post, where we will announce updates to rules and other pinned forum threads that are significant, but not significant enough to warrant their own individual announcements. This thread has also been cleaned up a bit. Hello everyone! As you know Niet, Moderators, and the Art Team work behind the scenes to make things nice around the place. So here we will be collecting all of these smaller updates that weren't large enough to need their own thread, but are still important changes that you should be aware of!

Graphics Updates

April 20 2024 *NEW*

Back when PFNew was the shiny new project, Shazi made some new type icons. They were going to be used in the new project, but as that project became more and more remote, the icons sat unused. No longer! New V~Wave (and Type Race) type icons are here! We hope you like them!

Past Updates

March 28 2024

The Pineco egg was missed when we redid the colours on the base sprite a while ago and has now been updated to match accordingly!

March 10 2024

Hi everyone, it's been a while since we had a minor art update but a good portion of the megastone sprites have now been updated to match more recent ones. This is an effort to unify the item style across the site so things look cleaner so please enjoy the new mega stone sprites!

September 25 2023

To go along with the release of Paldean Tauros the Kanto Tauros has had a facelift! Please enjoy the new sprite and adjusted recolours

Feb 17 2023

We've had some inactive staff as counters for quite some time now and it's probably time for a refresh. We will be bringing three familiar faces in as well as a refresh on existing counters a few days time so please look forward to that!

Feb 14 2023

To go alongside the release of the Rose Gift Honedge line the original Honedge line has had it's sprites and recolours updated!

Jan 31 2023

This suggestion was made a little while ago and with the release of the Inferno Torchic line we found the perfect opportunity to impliment the update to the Combusken shiny and a small refresh on the Albino/Melans to match!

Dec 23 2022

Pineco and Forretress have had a bit of a face lift, we have nothing minor slated for the next few days as the holidays have crept up on us, as soon as we have something for you we'll let you know!

Dec 19 2022

Castform and it's recolours have been updated! Next on the list is This suggestion! These will come through on the 23rd~

Dec 17 2022

For the first update! As per This suggestion we will be updating the Castform sprites to match the canon shinies Home has given us. These should be ready in a few days so look forward to them!

Site Development Updates

Past minor site updates that have been posted to the site discord have been transcribed here for those that are not members. Future updates that are posted in the Discord will be updated here as well.

May 1 2024 *NEW*

"Bugfix": When using the "Get More" button on multi-user interactions, it will actually wait for any pending interactions to complete before loading the next page. This avoids the issue where you might Clickback a user only to have them come right back up because your clicks didn't properly get submitted to the server.

Past Updates

April 21 2024

This is an advance warning of changes to come:
  • Type Race: Targets for the maximum prizes will be raised to better fit the range of results that are being attained.
  • Type Race: A buff will be added. Details to be revealed later but it's a straight buff during the event.
  • Tournaments: Next Season, "random old Eggs" will be removed from Top 100 prize offerings, and instead it will just alternate the two new Eggs back and forth.
  • Tournaments: Next Season, the Top 100 will be expanded to either Top 200 or Top 250 - I haven't fully decided yet. Point being, more people can get the eggs!

March 23 2024

A series of updates to the Fishing tasks have been pushed, making it easier to achieve fishing-related goals: Please look forward to the remaining Task List updates in Phase 4 of the updates.

March 10 2024

From Niet: With apologies for the delay, I'm all caught up with MCW post-releases.
  • Magipede, Savage Spearow and Cactaboo can now be bred as first-generation Variants. Their method is a secret, for the community to discover! (Most are relatively simple but for Magipede I'm gonna give the additional hint that it is a reference and its method is a reference to the same franchise)
  • Ruffwool is set to automatically become breedable as a first-generation Variant starting May 1st.
  • Masquerain and Mantine can now find Totem Stickers on Scour Missions.
  • Malamar is set to automatically become able to find Totem Stickers starting June 1st.
Going forward these things will continue to be automated, though I'm considering making them just "the next month" rather than "after the next Variant/Totem/whatever". We'll see.

February 8 2024

Legacy Tokens Tournament Tokens from very old seasons (ones marked as [LEGACY] in their descriptions) can now be sold from your Inventory for 10k Credits each - providing at least some value for the leftover tokens.

January 13 2024

Fishing Hut adjustments In anticipation of the latest Fishing-based Tournament, some adjustments are made to the Fishing Hut.
  • Before casting your line, you will have a checkbox option to enable a sound effect when you hook something, reducing the eye strain/focus needed as a simple audio cue will suffice.
  • The odds of Shiny fish has been boosted 4x from 1/4096 to 1/1024. Eventually I will get around to adding the Super Rod, which will enable shiny hunting in some manner, but today is not yet that day. Still, something to look forward to!
  • Shiny fish will no longer run away unless either you deplete its strength, or its wrath reaches maximum (and even the only on a 50% chance). Both of these can be avoided by throwing additional Bait at the fish, restoring its strength and reducing its wrath.

November 6 2023

Pokérus notification Getting Pokérus now appears as a Notification, telling you when you got it. It "hijacks" the custom-notifications subsystem to do this, meaning the notification won't just disappear when you no longer have 'rus, it stays until you click "Go!" on the notification (which takes you to your profile), allowing you to see it even if you missed it.

July 30 2023

Item Additions - The Borealis Lantern has been added to Boxes as an Über-rare item. It is also available (expensively) in the Tournament Prize Shop. - The Bouquet has been added to the Tournament Prize Shop.

July 22 2023

Multiple Updates Went ahead and knocked out a couple of minor suggestions: - There is now a button to directly wipe your PokéRadar chain. It's on the Shiny Hunting page, in the Radar tab, underneath the PR Memory Stick section in its own "Danger Zone" to help prevent accidental use. - The Interactions graph on the Farm Page is now grouped by year first, then month, then day. Instead of just month then day. - Better late than never! Talonflame can now find Totem Stickers, and Inferno Torchic's breeding method has been added (good luck!)

July 10 2023

Accessibility Update Thanks to the help of a blind user, the PokéDex's filters have had an accessibility update. For sighted users this doesn't change anything, but the filters now have aria-role="button" and aria-label="Description here" as well as a tabIndex to make them properly reachable using screen-reading software. I'm happy to report that PFQ is very accessible, but there may be other parts of the site - especially graphically-intensive parts - that miss the mark as the Dex filters did. I will be working to improve that anywhere I can, but being sighted myself I don't know these issues exist until brought to my attention!

June 25 2023

AM/TC Update Adjustment to profile page character limits: About Me: was 65,536 characters, now 10,000 characters Trainer Card: was 16,777,215 characters, now 400 characters Sadly this does mean that you can no longer put the entire Bee Movie script in your profile (real creative, guys...) but it should hopefully mean slightly faster loading times and less crashing. Note that existing Abouts/TCs have NOT been truncated (yet), this new limit only applies the next time you edit them (but I might "clean up" sometime in the future). Secondary update: About Me has been extended to 25k again. 10k was a bit too restrictive.

June 6 2023

Falinks Breeding Update Falinks now benefits from the same "it's a group with, presumably, members of both genders" logic as Tandemaus/Maushold, and therefore can breed with compatible partners of either gender (including other Falinks).

May 29 2023

Shelter Update In an effort to reduce instances of "Shelter adoption limit not resetting", the Shelter will not allow adoptions between 23:58 and 00:02.

May 9 2023

PR Memory Stick Update 1. If your current chain is 100+ when you try to restore a saved chain, there will be an additional checkbox to help prevent accidentally wiping a long chain. 2. If you have a saved chain that is the same egg as your current chain, you can restore the saved chain to add to your current chain, rather than resetting it.

Rules & Pins Updates

March 16 2024

The Type Race Rules have been updated for clarity. Most of these rules remain the same, but are hopefully easier to understand now. In terms of changes, we expanded the list of what can be loaned/traded, and added some "best etiquette" guidelines. Team Leaders, if it's a guideline, then yes, you can politely address it with your teammates when you feel it's getting out of hand. Broken rules still need to be reported to be addressed by a Moderator. The four different pins in the Suggestions forum have been replaced with one consolidated and simplified thread. Perhaps the most notable bit here is that the long-outdated "Summary of Rejected Suggestions" has been pruned to cover only the most "never ever" suggestions (listed in the thread as "Non-Actionable").
A log of past rule updates is and has been maintained in the Questions About Site Rules 2.0 thread since late 2021. Only the most recent such update will remain in this announcement.
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Cherry Troupe's AvatarCherry Troupe
Wow, looking forward to it!
VixenGhost's AvatarVixenGhost
Cant wait to see what you all come up with :)
tinkatuff's Avatartinkatuff
Can't wait to see it! Even though it's minor, I'm sure it'll turn it awesome as always ^^
Avatar from the 2022 advent event!
Castform didn't have canon shinies already? I had no idea- I never think about Castform so it just never occurred to me that it might not have canonical shiny coloring XD
Avatar drawn by me, for my personal use only.
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
Can't wait!
Pfp from Pfq
MoonlightLeaf's AvatarMoonlightLeaf
Woah sweet, we're gonna get the cool Castform shinies!
"There's a life out there to enjoy, so enjoy it!" - Leafy, BFDI Something I got from my failure of a Ralts hunt lol- PFP from the 2022 Advent Calendar!
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
Thank you for putting time and effort into the suggestions! It might seem like such a small suggestion and small update, but it shows how hard the staff works to get things done :)
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
Saa's AvatarSaa
*insert its been 84 years meme* 😂
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +6,353,559
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Clear Gummi

Clear Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ice-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,421,149
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Serious nature
Pink Gummi

Pink Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Poison-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,067,083
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Lonely nature
Black Gummi

Black Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Dark-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,851,829
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Blue Gummi

Blue Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Water-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,748,207
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Purple Gummi

Purple Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ghost-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 2 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Poison
Happiness 27%
Hardy nature
Orange Gummi

Orange Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fighting-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Brown Gummi

Brown Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ground-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ground
Happiness 27%
Gentle nature
Wonder Gummi

Wonder Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fairy-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,093,004
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Quiet nature
Art Shop | Pokémon/Dexing Shop
gamerjohn1991's Avatargamerjohn1991
Awesome! Looking forward to the canon Shiny Castform forms that Pokemon HOME revealed to us! :D

Pages: 123··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page