PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Userbar/ Trainer Card Exclusives

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

MajicShadow's AvatarMajicShadow
so I've been thinking i know we all have ranks which we have obtained from various things such as the pokedex,the eggdex, and shiny dex. However I've been thinking of a loyalty reward system, this system wouldnt cause an inbalance in anyway due to all memebers will be able to obtain something based of senoirty. lets say you gain your first titel at 1month, next at 3 months, 5 month etc. once you reach a year maybe get a title, a random custom egg or like 500 interactions bucks. so for example Ex: Johnny has been a member since 2016 it is now 2022 he has 6 years of seniorty which he would get a special titel and maybe a small rewards for staying loyal. the focus would be to maintain long term memebers by giving them something to drive for while being a longterm loyal member. another example for people with 5+years the title would state "Status:Ancient" and maybe make the ancient glow a certain color with a different color for text or font. nothing that makes a disadvantage in the game but just gives something unique and rewarding.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/44da08b6f2f4e45c594a6df9d2f69ac3/tumblr_mrjvp45rbc1rpn9eno1_500.gif
Zorana Dragon's AvatarZorana Dragon
This could help keep more people here longer, even if it's just to check in every so often. Though do we give the rewards to people who've been active for a week then quit, only to come back years later? That could give them a ton of free stuff they didn't work for. If the rewards are small enough then it could work without throwing off the balance of the game too much, considering there's the economy to think about. Perhaps just some gold, credits and maybe the occasional box for special numbers (1st year, 5th year, ect.), along with an email to let the player know (something to perhaps bring them back if they forgot). The rewards would also need to be enough to warrant them being there to begin with. Figuring that balance out may be some long trial and error due to the nature of how something like this would work. This could work without those complications if we remove the reward system all together, but then there's not much reason to stay for the titles. Not saying I don't support it (I'd really like to see a system like this here myself) but there's a bunch of things to think about when it comes to adding it to a site that hasn't already had it for years. TLDR; I support this idea, but there's quite a bit to think about when it comes to adding something like this.
Zorana • 20 • He/They/She • Avatar by me • TR Score: 0 Please don't quote my replies that have code, it'll break them. Journal
Taking into consideration what was said, to prevent those from quitting for years and just coming back to reap the rewards we could just make the titles a mandatory reward, like what was stated, titles aren’t really a big drive nor anything in-game/ or in-site Beneficial other than a trainer card cosmetic. For the actual rewards, it could tie into daily rewards but it could just be monthly and weekly rewards, we would just make it based of activity such as log streaks, and interactions streaks, or even shiny hunting. There could be cool titles to gain based of the activity of us members, so if they have a great streak going showing activity ,they could get a title that matches what they are doing Example, “Click Master” for “150,000 clicks in one month” their could be small bonuses that double the rewards associated with the title, but with a cap so it wouldn’t be anything unfair, or anything to cause an imbalance. Ex: So click master 150,000 clicks in (first month), plus 500 interaction bucks Ex: (2nd month streak) of making continuous interactions 250,000 “Click Pro” 1000 interaction bucks, and you could even put a deadline to make sure people are staying active, maybe after a week of no activity no clicks at all the streak would be reset. So it would be a challenge, but it will make the titles worth something by making it dedicating to get. Same thing with legendary Pokémon Shiny , albino , gems, badges, etc so there’s plenty of titles to obtain to make it fair to everybody it just depends on what their focus is.
I feel like it'd get rid of the purpose if it's completely reset every time. Maybe if it resets the streak for the next goal after a reasonable amount of time instead of the whole thing being reset. Resetting a several years long streak just due to a week that could have been missed due to an emergency seems a bit much.
thats true, i dont want it to be too harsh so im open to that idea. I just want to show that the system will have a catch so people aren't leeching free exclusives, that the same hardworking Active Members are putting in tripple the work for. overall it would be nice for all memebrs to recieve something, but something a little more worth while for those who all work hard on this site, by grinding and maintaining activity.
Something like a chain reset we've got might actually help the issue I brought up about balance too. Though how would staff pick out exclusives for the system if there's constantly new ones? Maybe they should stick to items and currency for it instead?
to maintain the balance, yes, items and currency would be best, as it would probably be easier for the mods/admins to monitor and balance it into the system that is made already. the only thing i would consider a exclusive would be the special title that will come after a big grind or loyalty achievement. like stated previously at 5 years of activity or hatching so many shinys, albinos, you get a special user bar that glows or has a animation of some sort. nothing to cause peopels frame rates to spaz, but just something cool enough that will make it rewarding to work for. me personally i agree with you on the note of maybe not so much adding any extra rewards with the title other than items and currency.
Perhaps it's just a small little thing that shows up on the userbar like the shiny rank does. I know Niet doesn't want another large card to show up there because there's already 3 that show up if you're staff/retired staff with hypermode. Though I don't know where it'd go on the trainer card because there's no space to put more text without squishing the custom text box. Maybe it's an icon under the trainer picture for a few things. One for how long you've been on the site, one for total of S/A/M pokemon hatched (not owned), ect. Turns out there's already something there on the trainer card. In the forums settings you can pick which one to show off on the userbar so the artists don't have to make a ton of variations for each combination of 'tittles.' Each one would have a symbol for that set of titles (like a star for special hatches). It'd be on the top of the userbar and not the bottom because your shinydex rank is on the bottom already.
I'm open to icons if its to conserve the space of the trainer card. even if its a simple one, maybe when you hober over the icon it can display what the icon was awarded for. hover* mod edit: posts merged

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page