PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Auto-Align Shelter Pokemon/Eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

NBLS's AvatarNBLS
Howdy everyone. Currently, loading the shelter shows the 30 pokemon and eggs all distributed randomly across the background (just like in PF1). Although I can understand why the random placements make sense with the concept of a field full of random pokemon, I feel like this design element is prone to one (rather big, in my opinion) problem: Clumps of overlapping sprites. It can sometimes be very difficult to make out exactly which pokes/eggs you're seeing, and it's not uncommon for some of them to be downright hidden behind larger sprites. To me, this is a pretty big deal. The assortment of pokemon you find in the shelter shouldn't be decided by who has the bigger sprite and where the sprite is randomly placed on the background. I think that a good solution to this would be to auto-align the 30 pokemon/eggs to a grid, or at least make it toggleable. Yes, the QoL userscript already does this, and it absolutely makes a big difference in terms of visual clarity when browsing the shelter. But I don't see why this shouldn't be a vanilla feature. I feel like this would be a valuable quality of life change, and one that I (and many others, I'm sure) would love to see. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, especially the staff team. Any arguments for or against this feature are definitely welcome. Thanks everyone!
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
There's actually flutes for this in the shelter the black flute repels the pokemon and keeps the eggs and the white flute repels the eggs and keeps the pokemon
Pfp from Pfq
NBLS's AvatarNBLS
That's not exactly what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the sprites of pokemon/eggs being visually obscured because of how the shelter displays them.
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97
No support. You can use the hide button to make things visible to you. Just click the pokemon/egg to hide to see what's behind it. I have been here for years and I've only had to use that button for maybe a few times. Things are not that hard to find unless you have a tiny screen. I think in a realistic setting the pokemons/eggs would be scattered around the field. Would be rather odd sight to see them in a straight line.
NBLS's AvatarNBLS

QUOTE originally posted by Tikru97

No support. You can use the hide button to make things visible to you. Just click the pokemon/egg to hide to see what's behind it. I have been here for years and I've only had to use that button for maybe a few times. Things are not that hard to find unless you have a tiny screen. I think in a realistic setting the pokemons/eggs would be scattered around the field. Would be rather odd sight to see them in a straight line.
I hadn't considered the hide button tbh, I forgot about it. Regardless, I think that having a toggle feature to organize the visual information would help a lot. You're absolutely right about there being problems with the shelter's visual clarity on smaller screens, and while changing one's phone to landscape mode could help with that, I feel like a much more intuitive change that doesnt disrupt gameplay would be to implement a simple toggle like this. It could still still show the shelter like it does rn by default, while allowing the option of a more clearly organized selection of pokemon, for those who would benefit from it.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Considering the QoL is basically a site feature via being able to toggle it here I don't really think I see the point in this. My thoughts would be different if it was still only available through tampermonkey, but since you can install it via the site itself now there's really no need for it to be added in honestly. I do think the userscript section should be told to newer players ASAP though, perhaps somewhere in the shelter it could include information about it and link to the userscript section. While I get where you're coming from, I think there are also users who would enjoy the option to not have that if that makes sense? Some just kinda prefer it looking random, even if it's annoying how sometimes pokemon overlap some people just like it and since it's solved with a user script that is readily available to anyone now I don't really think it's something thats worth time on this site anyways but maybe on PFNew. Edit; My point is mostly I would rather see features added that we don't have access to if that makes sense? If this is something that is added I'd imagine it would be low priority as it's...Just already available via other methods
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page