PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adjustments to Delta Point values

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

POLL: Change Delta trade-in values?

Total votes: 191

You must be logged in to vote.

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As the idea got mentioned on the Announcement regarding Shiny/Albino/Melan rates, I want to make this as an entirely separate suggestion to get your thoughts on the matter. Currently, here's how Deltas work. "Base Price" is defined to just be the number of Egg Cycles (5 for Magikarp; around 30 for average Pokémon; 120 for Legends) divided by 5. Prior to the recent update to Delta values, trade-ins were: Shiny: Base Price Albino: 2x Base Price Melanistic: 200x Base Price After the update, they are currently: Delta: Base Price Shiny: 2x Base Price Albino: 3x Base Price Melanistic: 200x Base Price The cost of Delta'ing a single Egg is 5x Base Price. I'd like to get a feel for what the community thinks Delta Point trade-in values should be. I could raise up the value of Shiny and Albino trade-ins even further. For example, put Shiny at 5x and Albino at 7x perhaps. So you can trade in one Shiny to Delta another Egg 1-for-1. The buff need not be so drastic - or could be even more if a solid argument is made for it... I'm putting a poll on this thread to help collect some opinions. I know your first instinct will be "GIMME ALL THE DELTA POINTS" (or "who cares about Deltas?" depending on your overall stance :p) but please try to consider what impact it will have on things like the market for Shinies/Albinos in general, as well as the corresponding increase in Delta availability. Thank you!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
abingy's Avatarabingy
I would support increasing DP values even more. Right now the generally accepted DP price is 2 ZC per DP and frankly that's quite expensive. For a typical 5k egg, that is 40 ZC to delta a single egg which make any sort of sustained delta hunts quite inaccessible unless you're willing put in a lot of money. The problem has always been though that people don't want their shinies/albinos to be worthless so based on the current system delta hunts will always be expensive. I think that raising the DP values would help with this a lot. By making each special worth more DP that can reduce the cost of DP itself while keeping the specials values level. I've personally always been a fan of the established specials prices (40 GP for a 5k egg shiny and so on) since with the previous rates it was a decent amount with how many you hatched. Obviously now with the new rates, I think that's too low with the new odds, so I was glad to see the DP value increase to at least keep the DP price the same instead of making delta hunts even more expensive. A further DP value increase would hopefully start to accomplish what I said previously. As for what the new values should be I'm not so sure. I think getting one delta for a shiny is a good benchmark though. The ratio between the values though should be roughly proportional to the relative rates between the specials (at max boosts except crystal in my opinion). I think this was probably the original intentions but the current values (and previous ones) don't really reflect that. In hindsight albinos being worth 2x shinies was definitely too much considering albinos were only 1.2x rarer at max odds except crystal. The current values now I think are too low now since albinos are only worth 1.5x shinies while they're ~2.5x rarer. So while I don't think the ratios between the values need to match exactly the odds ratios, they should be closer than what they are now. Then the ratios could definitely be adjusted one way or another to account for things like crystals and users hatching not at max odds but max odds ratios I think give a good baseline to start at. And since you didn't mention them in this post, I hope that you'd consider adjusting the melan values along with shinies and albinos since their values could accidentally tank if only shinies and albinos are adjusted :)
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Canine's AvatarCanine
As one of the more prolific delta hunters, I actually would be fine with the rates staying the same but I did vote for 1 shiny to equal 1 delta egg. I am however, against raising them any more than that. Making the shinies more viable to turn in, along with the previous addition of normal deltas being able to be traded in, is a step in the right direction. What I personally think is the best decision is to simply make the points themselves tradeable. Most people don't care for deltas, and since mass trading is such a slog on both the buyer and seller those surplus s/a still sit in limbo because it just isn't worth the effort. Even with increased point value for shinies, I still don't see enough people going through the tediousness of trading to make a dent in the overabundance of specials from before that we need to thin out in order to see any real change in the market.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
xazz's Avatarxazz
I think adjusting DP and adding more things to do with DP will go a long way to fixing the economy issue we see right now. It will also fix the 'too many specials' problem. Which many of us don't feel is a problem bc specials are fun! Adding more things to do with DP adds more fun to the game which means more engagement with the game and the systems in it which leads to a happier userbase. Right now Deltas are... there. If you love Deltas that's great and that's some extra fun on the site. If you don't its basically a useless feature. Being able to use DP for stuff other than deltaing pokes will help those people who find it a 'useless feature' get something out of it.
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
As I said previously in another thread, DP right now is an impossibly expensive sink which you will never get more than 10% of the value back, if at all. (Yes, even after the latest tweak.) I personally suspect that hardly anyone buys DP and the price keeps going down because it's a gambling token for which the expected returns are very low - of course the price of the token is going to be low as well. (Compare to boxes, which are also a gambling token, but because box contents retain value - summon items, mega stones, relics, etc - boxes retain value as well.) A sink doesn't work if nobody interacts with it. I also want to voice my support for shiny and albino DP values being proportional to their rates. If albinos are twice as rare as shinies, they should also have twice the DP value. That just makes sense, otherwise the market will start to skew towards the one which is more efficient.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Granted I'm one of the people that voted "gimme all the delta" but with a bit of a reason in a way. As someone who doesn't hunt often and thus doesn't collect a lot of extras or anything like that, therefore doesn't have much of a reason to trade in a shiny or albino unless it's one I really don't want more can sell easily. But I absolutely love to collect delta types! (inspired by an old fan game that had delta types but even the sprites were different for those delta types and they were a singular fixed type in that game.) So having a shiny be worth the price of a delta egg of the same cycle at least and albinos maybe being worth that plus half the price in a sense. So say it's a 5k egg that's worth thirty, an albino would be worth forty-fice. And a melan at least worth twice as much as it's cycle egg type. So if a 5k is thirty, an albino 5k is 45, then that would mean a melan is worth 60 in total. Maybe with perhaps a half gain of the total if say it was a shiny delta. So then it would turn out to be (basing this off 5k eggs) Shiny delta = 45 Albino delta = 60 Melan delta = 75 Thus why "giving me all the points" is was picked in particular in a sense. If any of that makes sense. (Yes, I could of voted "make a shiny worth the price of a delta if the same cycle" but I didn't.)
avatar from Christmas 2022 advent calendar

Dream pokes

Current Hunt

Sprigatito 0S / 0A / 0M
I've been saving up delta points since pretty much day one with the inte tion of doing a MASSIVE shiny/albino/melan Eevee hunt, and hoping to get very specific types of deltas for the shinies. Evee are an 8k egg, which requires 35 DP. A party of 6 eggs requires 210 DP. After 4 years, I have enough DP for 1.5 parties... I've been melan hunting since 2017, and still have leftover shinies from those hunts...I'd desperately love to be able to trade those shinies in for DP equal to what I'd have to spend to delta the same egg.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
I wouldn't mind an "easier" way to gain Delta Points, like with Shinies being able to be traded in for enough points for 1 Delta of the same species/hatch steps. What if we could condense DP down into tradable/marketable "batteries" for our Capacitor, like how we can condense Gems into larger Gems? Something like 11 DP = 1 Holon Cell, 11 Holon Cells = 1 Holon Battery.
aeugh My avatar was drawn by me.
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
as an avid delta hunter, this would be a welcome change; it would be nice for bulk delta points to be more accessible for everyone. The ROI from delta hunting is terrible at the moment, not many people understand that hunting a 10k egg costs 2x the delta point value of 5ks which means the price should be double for s/a deltas. It is currently only viable to hunt delta specials if you have a LOT of time to sink into a reallyyyyyyyyy long chain. I also worry that this change could potentially devalue melanistic pokemon in a bad way. If s/a pokemon hatch rates go back to the same, it is pretty easy to get a box of albinos in a few days. With a 7x DP rate, it would take only 28 albinos to get a melans worth of DP. I understand the need to up the value of s/a pokemon, but going from the OG 100 albinos = 1 melan to 28 albinos = 1 melan might give us problems later on with melan value. And if we up the DP rate of melans... we're just back to square one, but with more DP... which would be really nice but doesn't solve the problem of s/a value, unless it drags a lot of people into the delta hunting circle - which leads onto Nova's post: ShadowNova's suggestion about adding in new type-shifted pokemon that cost delta points to hunt would tie really well into that at some point. Even if you just colour swapped the types and gave them a new name because they won't be 'deltas'. i of course voted 'GIMME ALL THE DELTA POINTS' because i'm an absolute fiend for delta melans, personally i would like to see s/a/m all give more points in general, but that would do nothing to increase the value of s/a pokemon without something more interesting in the holon tower. i think '1 shiny = dp for 1 delta' would be a welcome change, but we need to bare in mind that it will mess with melan pricing. also a 'delta points used' site stat would be really cool
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page