PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Toggle off Stream Schedule Reminders

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

I'd like to quickly preface this by saying I have not been keeping up with the Stream Schedule thread, nor the potential discussion that goes on inside it. If there are important points there that I have missed, by all means, please let me know! Suggestion Title: Toggle off Stream Schedule Reminders Suggestion Summary: Implement an option to toggle off the news button's flash whenever the news update in question is an update to the Stream Schedule thread. This could be achieved several ways, and that's open to discussion. This is not a suggestion to turn off news button flashes in general, just to opt out of them specifically for the Stream Schedule updates. Positive points: - Not everyone is interested in watching Staff's streams, and an option to toggle off the news flash for Stream Schedule reminders would be greatly appreciated by these people. - The flashing news button for stream updates could be considered redundant, as whenever a member of Staff is streaming, there is already a timer bar that indicates that someone on Staff is live. - At risk of sounding out of line, stream schedule updates are, frankly, not as important as announcing when MCW is, or important updates to the website itself, so toggling off stream reminders wouldn't cause people to miss vital updates or event announcements for PFQ. Negative points: - Could be considered unnecessary - There could be something in the code of news post reminders that makes this suggestion not very feasible. I could just be mistaken on this point. - Not watching dev streams very well could cause people to miss vital updates.

A counterargument to the above point

Though, the dev stream's important content is more often than not summarized by another member of staff for those who missed the stream.
Reason For Consideration: Most of the positive points summarize the reasons to consider adding in this suggestion. Personally, I find Stream Schedule reminders to be pretty bothersome. While you could make the argument "It's just a little notification every week or so," and that has its merits, the notification is not very easy to ignore. Some people do actively want to stay engaged with Staff streams, and that's great, and I'm glad that people look forward to the streams. However, this is not a universal mindset, and I do not think that updates to the Stream Schedule should be mandatory to look at. I sincerely apologize if I came off as rude, that isn't my intention in the slighest.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
nanamou's Avatarnanamou
Support! I don't really watch the streams (mostly because I've been busy and also because I don't really like watching videos for hours on end unless they're,,,, video game ones from youtubers I watch) on PFQ and I'd really like an option to opt out from getting the flashes - not trying to be rude, but when I see that flashing icon, I think, "Oh! An announcement! Is it a special monthly thing?" and I also think "Oooo, important stuff" and for some reason I don't quite find streams that important. TL; DR, I'd really like to see this implemented! :3
nanamou • she/he/they • Pansexual JOURNALPM POLICYART SHOP hello there forums of pfq! i am here to spread the derps and use up pixels on your screen. have a very good day C:
Background is official Genshin Impact art | Icon | Code
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As you openly admit to have skipped whatever discussion was had, I'll summarise the compromise I'm currently working with: Development-related streams will continue to be announced via flashy news dot. These streams are "important" as they allow you to actually have a say in the development of the game, as well as Q&A and other things. But if I'm just gaming, like last week when we played Jackbox games, these will no longer be announced in the News area, instead just relying on the Timers bar button.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn

QUOTE originally posted by CottonEevee

Support! [...]and for some reason I don't quite find streams that important.
Yea I really agree on this one, idk why it should be that necessery that I should be here and sit for two to three hours to heard something that isn't even in my native langage. With my low attention span I just feel like it's not worth it. And we get a summary of the stream anyway if it's important. I don't know why we shouldn't have the option to opt out of the notification when we never plan on rejoingning the stream. So I support too!
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
I kinda wish there was a way to be like "well I'd like to know about the dev streams and art streams, but I don't care about the game streams" Personally I'd love to know about the Jackbox ones, but asking for a way to filter every different type of game that's played seems a little nuts xD
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

Yea I really agree on this one, idk why it should be that necessery that I should be here and sit for two to three hours to heard something that isn't even in my native langage. With my low attention span I just feel like it's not worth it. And we get a summary of the stream anyway if it's important. I don't know why we shouldn't have the option to opt out of the notification when we never plan on rejoingning the stream. So I support too!
I feel like this point's going to get skipped over, so I'll just point it out. Not everyone has the time nor energy to keep up with the dev streams, nor the patience to sit through them, especially when they are (graciously, might I add) summarized right after the stream's done. While the Q&A's and direct input are important, I don't believe that the notification for Dev streams should be mandatory for those who aren't interested in contributing there. This is why I am suggesting a toggle, rather than removing the news button flash entirely.
Solilojay's AvatarSolilojay
Support! I like to see what is going on with PFQ in summary; i.e, in a thread I can read and respond to for updates, but I do not have the time, nor any desire to watch a multi-hour stream for that information. The stream alerts are as a result, useless to me. I would very much appreciate the ability to turn them off so that I know that when i see a flashing notification, it is for a thread or news posted directly on PFQ itself and not just an alert for a stream. Allowing users the ability to turn them off does not harm the dev streams, or development. It would just be a nice convenience for the individuals who already do not intend to watch the streams. ^^
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Moving to Completed as per Niet's post above.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page