PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing a "Trade User Again" Button

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

All Saints's AvatarAll Saints
Suggestion Title: Having a button that allows you to trade the same user again Suggestion Summary: Yes, I do know that mass trading will not be a thing unless the trading system is reworked, but this suggestion is, in my opinion, very different from mass trading. Essentially, as it stands right now, if you want to trade more than one pokemon to a user, you will have to go from:
  1. Set up a new trade
  2. Enter Name of Recipient
  3. Choose a Pokemon
  4. Select Field/party
  5. Select the pokemon
  6. Set up the trade (+1 Button if trade is a gift)
  7. Back to Trades
  8. Set up Trade
  9. Click username from recent user (go back to step 3)
At which point the process repeats. However, if you add a "Trade User Again" button here: (Highlighted in Blue because I can not draw) Clicking the button will allow the user go from step 6 to Step 3- 4, depending on how it is programmed*. It essentially cuts out steps 7,8,9, 1 and 2, making the process more seamless.

Process shown below

1. Set up a new trade
  2. Enter Name of Recipient
  3. Choose a Pokemon
  4. Select Field/party
  5. Select the pokemon
  6. Set up the trade (+1 Button if trade is a gift)
  7. Trade User Again (goes back to step 3 or 4 depending on how it is programmed)
*if it is programmed in a way where it remembers the last field you were in, similar to how you are placed in your last visit field when clicking on "My Fields," that is one potential click saved as well. Even without this mini-feature, I think having this button would be effective. Positive points: Looking from popular rejected suggestions, as well as player complaints, the trading system is on many people's pain points. If you are only trading one pokemon or 1-5 items, it works perfectly fine, but when trading multiple pokemon at once, say trading ready-to-evolve pokemon, it becomes a hassle. Thus, having this simple button would allow a small, temporary QoL change while we wait for a trading system rework. Negative points: The button isn't a revolutionary change, but it's purpose that is why I am proposing it as a QoL change. I suppose some may argue that it is too radical since the trading system has remained relatively untouched for quite some time now, but the button isn't going to automate trades. All it is doing is reducing the process by 4-5 clicks, which do start to add up. Reason For Consideration: In addition to saving clicks, it should also reduce the number of screen loading (I will call them screen changes because I can not think of a better term). Currently, a user experiences 4 screen changes when starting up a new trade
  1. Set up a new trade > Set up a trade
  2. Choose a pokemon > Field Selection
  3. Set up the trade > View Trade
  4. View Trade > Back to Trade
With the button, if programmed where it goes to the last field selected, this will mean a user will only have to experience:
  1. Set up a new trade > Set up a trade one (1) time at the beginning
  2. Choose a pokemon > Field Selection one (1) time (If the last field chosen is empty, going one field foward or one field back is easy)
  3. Set up the trade > View Trade every time
  4. View Trade > Back to Trade at the very end
This means that if we are only trading one pokemon, the process is virtually the same, but as we go longer, the effect will alleviate much frustation. For example, if a user is sending five trades, currently they will have to click 37 times and experience 20 screen changes. (More clicks if the trades are gifts, which often happens) With the button though, a user will only have to click 27/23 times as well as only experiencing 7 screen changes. In the end, I believe the time it saves will make it a meaningful change that does not involve reworking the trade system. All it does is improve the one we currently have.
Antigone ☁️ He/Him ☁️ Skinny Legend
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
OK.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page