PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update Combusken to reflect new Shiny Colors

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Suggestion Title:Update Combusken to reflect new Shiny Colors Suggestion Summary: Combusken's shiny colors changed drastically. I think this needs to be recolored. Gen 3 Combusken Shiny was this: The gen 5 Shiny looks like this: Gen 6 looks like this and after the DLC for Crowned Tundra came out, Combusken's shiny changed again to look more like the gen 3 shiny If the art team is feeling frisky they could update the melan again, too. Since the shiny colors changed and the melans are based on the shiny sprites. Positive points: Consistency. Keeping updated with the game's shiny colors. It's a small thing but I'd still like to see it happen since old shiny Combusken feels so unnoticable and this change is drastic enough for me to see the PFQ sprite and go "Wait- that isn't right." Negative points: Melan might need to update because of the shiny color change? Reason For Consideration: Castform got its shinies recolored when its forms' shinies were added, Combusken has changed drastically- basically gained a shiny when the differences were nearly unnoticable before. I think all Pokemon should reflect their proper/updated shiny coloration in their sprites.
I did it myself in a few minutes, color picking directly from the model shown. (Both male and female. Male is left, female is right) Just for kicks, the gen 5 old shiny is next to them. If the staff/art team want to use those they can, though I don't know what their sprite coloring standard is and would understand if they wanted to do it themselves for quality assurance.
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
No support I'm sure the art staff are aware of the change but because they have other sprites to make / revamp changing the shiny colors is low on their priority list it will be changed when the staff has time
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Vaporeon26

No support I'm sure the art staff are aware of the change but because they have other sprites to make / revamp changing the shiny colors is low on their priority list it will be changed when the staff has time
So wait, do you or don't you support this suggestion? Because it sounds to me like you support it, you're just worried artists have a lot to do and a simple recolour is just far too much to ask.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Support from me! I think staff will get around to doing it eventually though since I know a couple other Pokémon got new colors as well (Minior and Magearna off the top of my head??)

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Junker Queen's AvatarJunker Queen
i think the artists are up for this, but keep in mind this will take time since they have alot on their plate anyway
Amanome's AvatarAmanome
This is already on the list of things to do, so I'll be moving this to approved ^^
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page