PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

re-enable right click in public fields view (on links)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

selocon's Avatarselocon
Suggestion Title: Re-enable right click on links in public fields. Suggestion Summary: Allow people to, once again, right click on links in public view fields. Positive points: Easier time to get links to pokemon for trade threads. Negative points: Might not be possible with the current clicking method Reason For Consideration: Before the "right click to interact" update, you could right click on the link to the summary page and bring up the standard menu in the public view of the fields. Now, you can only do that in the Private View, which means that for trade threads you have to do the following: 1. Navigate to user's fields 2. Select pokemon you want. 3. Open the pop up and open the link, either in the same tab or a new one. 4. Repeat however many times you need to. This can get very tedious and, tbh, is rather annoying to have to go in and copy links the long way like this when we used to be able to right click and just copy the link that way.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
So much support. I'll copy what I said from the other thread: The context menu was disabled for the whole #field_field element to enable the new right click to feed feature, but it affects the Pokemon tooltips too since they're children of that element. It would be nice if either: * The event listener that allows the context menu was re-enabled in the tooltips. * Or the context menu is only disabled while a berry is selected to feed. (My preferred solution since it would let me right click to get images of Pokemon without dev tools)
Roukan's AvatarRoukan
I have to admit I'm kinda on the fence about this. On one hand when mass-clicking I find it much easier to have the option to alternat my interactions between right and left clicks On the other hand I also buy alot of specific pokemon and it's a huge hassle to constanly have to go through all the steps to just to get the link to the pokemon Could we maybe have this as a toggleable option? I would be fully supportive of a toggle option for this
selocon's Avatarselocon
I don't intend it to cancel it out--I simply want this only on the links. Like Tarashia said, it could be either disabled on the tootip or, better yet, only when a berry is not selected to feed, so right click works normally otherwise, but when you select a berry you get to use right click to feed.
feyral's Avatarfeyral
No support. It seems like it would make mobile clicking hellish once again. Many times I accidentally open the menu to click a link due to a mis-touch when clicking. Edit: and when I’m on desktop I just click my mousewheel to open in new tab. There is no need for this just move your finger if using a mouse.
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
No support, unfortunately!! As Cutechem mentioned, if you left click a pokemon, then middle/scrollwheel click on their name, it opens into a new tab ^^ I can see how you wouldn't know that, though!! It's not something I often use, cheers!

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Middle click doesn't exist on mobile, where I primarily play. If the context menu is *only* enabled on the pop-up Pokemon summary tooltip or only disabled while a berry is *not* selected, clicking (mobile and desktop, including the new right-click feature) will *not* be affected at all.
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
a lot of people don't have a mousewheel anywhere, only touchpad. I don't really see the downside here ... The new click feature will still be fully fuctional. It's simply about being able to right click on the link that takes you to a pokemon's summary page (its name). Being able to feed by both left and right clicking will still work (at least that would be the intention).
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
selocon's Avatarselocon

QUOTE originally posted by MinniHowl

a lot of people don't have a mousewheel anywhere, only touchpad. I don't really see the downside here ... The new click feature will still be fully fuctional. It's simply about being able to right click on the link that takes you to a pokemon's summary page (it's name). Being able to feed by both left and right clicking will still work (at least that would be the intention).
This explains exactly what I want. I know about middle click, but that's cause I use a mouse. On my PC. Not on my phone. Try getting up the menu on a mobile device, can't. All I want is for the pop up: <--- this thing To have a link I can right click on an get the link, rather than having to middle click, copy the link, and repeat infinitely. It's much faster to request pokemon from threads where you have to look through people's fields (especially if you want to link it for them, like you have a specific nature and gender preference, or it's a free fields thread) when you can right click on the link, copy link address (or whatever the option is called), and then just use the insert button to insert URL with that as the parameter.
Zen's AvatarZen
Funfact about the middle mouse button: Laptops, while the trackpad is supposed to have that feature, some don't. If it can't be enabled, then you need to install your laptop trackpad mouse program, and if that doesn't make it show up then you need to download a program to create a hotkey for it. And sometimes that doesn't even work. By saying people can just use that, you're basically telling people who don't want a mouse, to go out and waste money on a mouse just so they can use the middle mouse button to open a summary. I 100% support making the links right/long press clickable again. Making the link to a summary clickable really doesn't hurt anything since the info popup only shows if you don't have a berry selected anyways.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page