PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pen and Paper - A Writers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 12345··· 282930

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
That is indeed very detailed. I'll add the generator to the first page for those who like to use it. Which brings me to a question: how do you all do your world-building? I found that a lot of my world building happens through my stories. A lot of my character building too. I begin with a few details and then as I write short stories about the characters I add more details.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
It really depends on the story I'm writing and the world it's set in. For example, I'm currently writing a (very long) fanfic set in the Pokemon world center around Galar region (obviously not going to detail about it). Despite the fact that I have 24 years worth of context (Since apparently that's how long this series been around), I still sit down and try to expand more onto the world itself as there are things that I question aren't addressed. Using the fic I'm writing, I started off laying out the timeline for the games and tried to laid out who is the hero from what. From there, I kinda focused on little things such as "What roles does legends/mythical Pokemon would play if they're treated more like Gods", "What are the effects of a trainer being made champion at a young age" and things similar to that.To me, I like focusing on those little details because those things do become important later on. As such, it's typically why I prefer preplanning.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
selocon's Avatarselocon
For me, it all depends. With The Magi Chronicles it's set in New York (for the most part) but in a kind of alternate reality. I had little worl building in the typical sense and more of setting building. I have to answer the following questions: 1. What magical/supernatural/mythical creatures exist in this reality, why, and where? 2. How are Magi (and by extension, the Knights of the Emerald), trained, chosen, and assigned (if needed) and by who? 3. What regulations (or laws as I ended up calling them), are in place to protect the innocent from magic? 4. Related to 1, are these creatures obvious to humans (non-magical), hidden, or do they integrate? The answer to this was all 3. etc etc. It wasn't a process I did in one day, either. I think all in all, world building for me took 3 and a half years to get to where I had enough information to write book 1, and I've got more to do still.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Shazi's AvatarShazi
I hate to remove a good resource however if something mentions inappropriate things it should not be linked in the PG rated section of the forum. I deleted the post that contained the link but in future please remember that while we love good resources for writing, they must comply with PFQs rules to be in this clan
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
It's a good thing we have a mature sister-clan then. I'll post the link there instead. Thanks Shazi. I hadn't seen it broke the PG rules.
Cattafang's AvatarCattafang
apologies, i should've realized that.
Catta • Any Pronouns • Resident No Signal Enjoyer JOURNALLINKLINK æ there. i’m catta and I usually lurk around forums and stuff nowadays-
Dystøpianist's AvatarDystøpianist
Username: RobTheBobert, though I might change it soon. Native language?: English/Mandarin In how many languages do you write?: One. Storyteller or poet? (or both?): Frequent storyteller, occasional poet. Original Fiction or Fanfiction? (or both?): Both. What is your preferred genre?: Speculative fiction. Will you be sharing with us?: I hope so. Is there anywhere we can find your work?: (PF journal, Wattpad, DeviantArt, Archive or our own, …) I have a few stories on FANDOM in a deep dark corner, though I’m hoping to branch into Ao3 sometime. Show us some of your writing!: (in the hidebox please)

An old poem I revised for this application. I’m still not too happy with it, though.

The king looks down on his troops. They march to meet the endless steel rain. Some will go further down the tunnel. He frowns. His people huddle like rats, a cat by the door. His children have never known but Damascus’ blade. The king looks down on his troops.
I have a complete set of Arceus plates! You can borrow them for 10k credits/10 gp/2 Zophan a plate! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8ybtF5fck
Welcome to the clan! I'll add your information to the first post.
Username: PumpkinOfGlory Native language?: English In how many languages do you write?: Mostly just English, but I know a tiny bit of French, which I occasionally use. Storyteller or poet? (or both?): Mostly just fiction, but I do sometimes write poetry. Original Fiction or Fanfiction? (or both?): Original fiction What is your preferred genre?: I write within a few different genres, but all fiction. Usually realistic fiction or fantasy, I'd say. Will you be sharing with us?: I'll try to! Is there anywhere we can find your work?: When I get my journals reinstated (I've been on hiatus for a long while), I might post some stuff there. Otherwise, there's my writing Instagram (@moonlitmuse) and my writing tumblr (thoughts-at4am). Those are more leaning twoards poetry, but it is writing. Show us some of your writing!:

Excerpt from "It's Foggy in Ashwood"

The fog came a couple weeks ago. At first, no one paid it mind; it’s normal for it to fog up every once in a while. But this fog lingered. It persisted day in and day out for two weeks straight. After a few days of fog, people started to question it, started to wonder why it wasn’t clearing up. Once a week had passed without the fog clearing up, the questions faded out. People became accustomed to the fog, not really noticing it anymore. That was not the case for Aspen Bale. She saw the fog. She saw it for what is was, and she would not forget about it. Aspen reclined in the wooden chair by her desk. She held a pen in hand, hovering it over the documents detailing her assignment to Ashwood. She tossed one leg over the other as she gazed out the window of her small apartment to the road just beyond. The fog hung over the cars, each vehicle with its headlights on to fight the ever-thickening fog of this Sunday afternoon. With every passing car, she could sense how the people’s concern for the fog has slackened even in the short time since she arrived. Her arrival yesterday was discreet, as her arrivals always were. Everything had been planned out beforehand, and she studied her assignment details just enough to make it through that far. She still had much studying to do before morning, however. It was imperative that she knew her assignment inside and out, forwards and backwards, before she stepped foot into Ashwood High School tomorrow. Her parents’ names, her address, her reason for transferring halfway into the semester—everything needed to be rehearsed until she knew it like the back of her hand. Normalcy was the goal, and normalcy she would deliver.
When you get a random albino legendary. PM me about cheap dex trading.
Lv. 100 — +501,235
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricFlying
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Welcome to the clan, PumpkínOfGlory.
And for my general announcement: in July I will launch the first writing competition for this clan!

Pages: 12345··· 282930

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page