PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Change Happiness Target From Points to a Percentage

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Suggestion Summary: Currently, while the happiness level is presented as a percentage out of a maximum of 100% on a pokémon's panel, it is presented with the usage of points out of 255 when setting the target for happiness. I would like to suggest that, instead of a point system of 255, the set target value would be shown as a percentage to correspond with the value shown on the pokémon's panel. Positive points: - Straightforward - Consistent Negative points: - This may be an unwelcome change for those who are already familiar with the current values. Reason For Consideration: I felt that it was an odd hassle to have to convert whatever percentage target that I desired into a number out of 255. While a more minor update, this would provide users who utilize the happiness target with more ease.
Icon is from "Obey Me!", by NTT Solmare Corp.! || My Trade Shop! || Delta Hoarders United!
Collector of special water deltas!
Lv. 86 — 6,592 / 22,447
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Naughty nature
selocon's Avatarselocon
There...are a total of 0 reasons I can think of for the points system. The only things you need are MAX and 0%. What purpose do you have for any of the in-between values? MAX is useful for breeding and evos, 0% is also. But the in-between isn't. So I see no point.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Not necessarily. I believe unhappiness begins in the low 20s values and happiness in the mid 80s. It is effective to have a target notification on a breeding pair to catch it right before it hits that unbreedable unhappy point. As for evolutions, it is convenient to have a notification set for as soon as said pokémon first reach that necessary range of happiness as opposed to waiting until they reach either 100% or 0%.

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

MAX is useful for breeding and evos, 0% is also. But the in-between isn't.
220 happiness is the point where pokemon that evolve through happiness can evolve, not max. i'm not sure if you were implying max happiness is the only point where they can evolve or not, but i'm putting that out there. due to the percentage system, kitwurm and kyutopi can display 0% happiness while being completely unable to evolve, since their happiness is actually at 1 or 2 instead of 0, and the percentage rounded down. like duusu said, this would be convenient for tracking a breeding pair's happiness when using the red gig, "right before it hits that unbreedable unhappy point". the percentages look nice and concise, but the points being directly displayed would make more sense. we already have the happiness notifications based on points, while everything else about happiness is displayed as a percentage, even when sally clearly doesn't use percentage values, she uses point values. support, this would just make sense.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

QUOTE originally posted by Duusu

Positive points: - Consistent
I agree, mainly on this point. I think the displayed happiness value and the target values should be in the same "units". I don't care if this means changing the displayed value to the raw X/255 value, or changing the target to be a percent, as long as they match. But I think in general the % is probably better to display for most users so changing the target to match would likely be the better option. If possible, I think it would be very nice if we could pick which we wanted to set with a dropdown on the target set page, so you could use either a % or the raw value based on your goals/preference. I think the set target feature needs some work in general, but I can't seem to find the "more options for happiness notification" thread anymore? Edit: I failed at ctrl+F, here it is

QUOTE originally posted by Tarashia

I think the set target feature needs some work in general, but I can't seem to find the "more options for happiness notification" thread anymore?
this one, right?
Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Bumping this up! I do love Nightmøn's suggestion that you both linked above. I feel that with these suggestions the set target for happiness will be greatly improved. :)
Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Bump!
Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Bump!
Duusu's AvatarDuusu
Bump!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page