PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update MCW / Tournament pages

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
Problem During this MCW I was surprised about how many people asked about if the new variant would break their chain if they received it. This still seems to be a point of confusion for a lot of users. The same counts for eggs won in tournaments. At first I thought that people just read over it being mentioned on the tournament / MCW page (or announcement) but upon reading the pages I realized that this piece of (important) information is actually missing. For the MCW egg, there is a note in the global Pokefarm FAQ (found here), but I think it would be beneficial to have it included in the FAQ of the MCW as well. Solution 1. Update the MCW announcement FAQ / MCW page to mention that an egg obtained as MCW reward won't break shiny chains. For the announcement FAQ, the question / answer can be copied from the global FAQ. 2. Update the Tournaments page to mention at the bottom that eggs an user won won't break a chain. Possibly it is best to mention it something along the lines of: 'Eggs obtained by placing in the top 100 won't break your shiny chain. Eggs purchased with tokens will break your chain'. See the paragraph I reference below:

QUOTE originally posted by Tournament Page

In addition, the top 100 players* on the Leaderboard will receive an Exclusive Pokémon Egg. Of these 100 Eggs, one of them (at random) will be guaranteed to hatch as a variant (Shiny, Albino or very rarely Melanistic)
Pros - Less confusion among new users about the eggs obtained and shiny chains. - Improved user friendliness for participating in these events. - Will refrain users from buying unneeded egg passes Cons - People can also just read the global FAQ to find the answer - Some users still won't read the FAQ / page and ask the question anyways.
selocon's Avatarselocon
People still ask this? Niet cleared this up way back when, so personally I support this. If peopel are still asking, it needs to be put somewhere.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I guess I just never expected it to be needed to be said. "Here's an event that lets you take a break from your shiny hunt to do something else for a bit. Here's a prize! Oh but you can't hatch the prize without breaking your chain." See how silly that would be? So obviously if you get a prize you can hatch it... Right? Guess it's not so obvious.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Elmani's AvatarElmani
I also support clarifying this on the page, because by default non-chain eggs break shiny chains, and it's clearly stated on each tournament page whether non-chain eggs will/won't break the chain. Only some of them allow taking a break from chaining by hatching other stuff. It didn't say anything regarding this egg on the page so I assumed it would follow the default, and was surprised when it didn't require the egg pass I'd bought. I'd honestly completely forgotten about the Global FAQ
🌟 Shooting Star Cleffas🌒 Apocalyptic Poochyena 🐸 Croaket 🐇Minnibit - 2 GP each Send labelled trade S/A Megas/Totems UFDT
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
An additional line of information has been added to the Tournament page. The MCW page will be updated similarly later on.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page