PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Allow Multiquoting

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

selocon's Avatarselocon
Actually, it's not hard to manually put in the code.

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

its because it doesnt have the post/user number thingy unless you checked it beforehand and typed it in.

QUOTE originally posted by also D.MC

its because it doesnt have the post/user number thingy unless you checked it beforehand and typed it in.
That...took me not even 5 minutes. Also, what's the need, exactly? I can see a use for this in exactly 0 places if all you want is to be able to link-quote (as I like to call it) multiple posts. Just open the desired post in a new tab (click the little "posted" link) and find the numbers at the very end. Then it's literally as simple as [quote=USERNAME;NUMBERS]TEXT HERE[/quote]. And you can use it however many times you want! That's far, far easier, imo than what you claim in your negative points. And the text itself can be copied from either down below (if the post was recent enough) or the post when you bring it up to quote it! It can't get any more simple unless we just auto-quoted the last 4 posts!
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I never said the code was hard to put in, but you still need the original post open and at that point it's easier to quote it. I'll say this - this isn't something that's necessary. It's entirely a QOL suggestion. I suggested it because multiquoting is currently not an option for a website with a strict no double posting rule and it confuses me. It would make it much easier for new users to quote multiple replies to their threads without double/triple posting. As Nightmon said, quote saving would also allow you to quote from locked threads. That's something that's currently entirely impossible without using BBCode - which can also be very inaccessible to new users, and pointing everyone to the wiki is not a solution. For a more general use, though, I'll use a personal example. My phone will time out on tabs that aren't currently "open". I can leave the tab, the new tab has to "reload" and the old tab times out. When it times out and reloads on a post I've tried to quote, the text from that post is gone. I cannot multiquote while away from my computer, it's quite literally impossible without going way too far out of my way. For new users, the solution to that is to just double post most of the time. It's unfortunate and I wanted to offer a different solution within the site that I've seen on other forums.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
selocon's Avatarselocon
I want to address this in particular: "When it times out and reloads on a post I've tried to quote, the text from that post is gone. I cannot multiquote while away from my computer, it's quite literally impossible without going way too far out of my way." Does your phone have a 'long press to open a menu' on links? If so, you should have something like "copy link" copy that into your post for the number, then open it and copy the text. Or do it onto the notepad on your phone, since, if your phone is anything like mine, it's much faster to swtich between apps than tabs. You're wanting a fix to something that's, honestly, got one in a longer way, yes, but has one nonetheless, and the time of loading is a connection issue, not a site issue. Also, there's the "edit" option. Go to quote/post another post, copy the part you want to quote, go back, press edit, paste the quote and respond to it. There is no reason to use quoting as a reason to multipost, considering that the edit button is easy to find. Instead of "saving" a quote (which, how would that even work?) I would be more willing to support this if, instead, it adds quotes to the bottom of the post (Maybe until you actively type something) as you click 'quote post' from the section under the posting interface
It does, yes, but as I said - this is a massive amount of work for even just quoting two posts I want to touch on a part of. I'm not saying it's a pokefarm issue, but I'm saying this would be helpful. I'm confused as to why this is an issue, I guess? Yes, I want to fix something. Yes, it already has a "solution." Most approved suggestions already have solutions, but they're significantly more difficult. (happiness lowering, online indicators, etc.) Saving a quote would work similarly to that. When you go to post again, you could have the option under the insert button (possibly) to insert the quotes you have saved. Or it could be a different tab, I don't particularly care about specifics. Just the general idea.

Like This

Kittompera's AvatarKittompera

How about this quote link when in the post writing section, rather than open a new new post, would instead add it into the post? Most other forums I'm in work like this. This appears to be similar to what Selocon is referring to at the end of their post. Your proposed quote system would require the system to remember what every user has saved in their quotes, which could end up being quite a bit of data. The quote button adding the quote to the bottom would make more sense. :3 I support sosmething like this, not the initial quote system suggestion where the system would have to remember what a user has saved. In the trade forums I find myself multiquoting quite a bit, so something like this would help a lot (though it's really not a big deal for me as I find it easy to work around)
Want some free art? Vist The Shokit's Sketchy Trailer! PFP by me! Get a similar one from my art shop ^-^

QUOTE originally posted by Nekyasai

I can definitely understand that! I was thinking there would be a limit/the quote would be removed once you used it - that way there wouldn't be too much strain. I'll add that to the first post.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I just thought about something. What if "saving as a quote" save it in your Notepad? If it's possible, maybe the first time we use this function we could get a pop up to explain that we have to go into the notepad to retrive the quotes and don't forget to delete it when we don't need it anymore.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I just thought about something. What if "saving as a quote" save it in your Notepad? If it's possible, maybe the first time we use this function we could get a pop up to explain that we have to go into the notepad to retrive the quotes and don't forget to delete it when we don't need it anymore.
I'll add this to the front post as well!
I couldn't find the bump rules so I hope this is okay Bump!
Bump

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page