PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Allow Multiquoting

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Hey! My suggestion is fairly simple - allow someone to quote multiple people at once in the forms. Suggestion Title: Multiquoting Suggestion Summary: Allow people to quote multiple people on the forums at once! My suggestion for implementing it would be to add a second button that "saves" a quote, so that when you go to post those quotes are available. (There would be a limit and the quote would be deleted once it was quoted.)

Under Insert Button Option

Quote From New Post Screen

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

[...]It adds quotes to the bottom of the post (Maybe until you actively type something) as you click 'quote post' from the section under the posting interface

Save To Notepad

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I just thought about something. What if "saving as a quote" save it in your Notepad? If it's possible, maybe the first time we use this function we could get a pop up to explain that we have to go into the notepad to retrive the quotes and don't forget to delete it when we don't need it anymore.
Positive points: - would decrease spam/double posting - would make it easier for someone to respond to multiple posts at once - is a small QOL feature I see on a lot of other websites -@nightmon - would allow people to quote from locked threads by "saving" the quote (like the summary of rejected suggestions thread) Negative points: - is technically unnecessary, as people can "do" this by copy pasting the quotes from other tabs or with code - that's significantly more difficult and most new people will just end up double posting. Reason For Consideration: I see this feature on many other websites and it's always confused me that Pokefarm didn't have it, especially because it has a strict no double posting rule.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Aphelios1595's AvatarAphelios1595
100% support as I have had issues with this and with double posting when I didn't read the rules well enough, I would love a multiquote system!
Shiny Charm Box/Charm Rental & Dead to Live Charm Swap & / ★/X Pass Rentals at my shop!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
The "saving as a quote' would be such a life saver when you want to quote someone from a locked forum, support!
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
When you click quote instead of edit! Anyway, thank you both! I'm adding Nightmon's locked thread point as a positive point as well!
Aphelios1595's AvatarAphelios1595

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

When you click quote instead of edit! Anyway, thank you both! I'm adding Nightmon's locked thread point as a positive point as well!
haha that was awesome, I was a bit confused when I saw the quote xD I definitely agree with Nighmons point as well! would love to see these!
I think you can already do this? Iirc you have to do it manually. For example:

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

QUOTE originally posted by Someone else

quote from someone else
The code is super simple, just: [quote=person's name here]text goes here[/quote]

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

You can absolutely do it manually, but it would be much simpler to just quote multiple posts from the post themselves. Plus that has no link to the original post. And sometimes that would still require multiple tabs to do, depending on how many posts back you're quoting. Edit: also, that was a part of my negative points! It's not that it's impossible to mutiquote, it's just difficult and gets early users in trouble.
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

You can absolutely do it manually, but it would be much simpler to just quote multiple posts from the post themselves. Plus that has no link to the original post. And sometimes that would still require multiple tabs to do, depending on how many posts back you're quoting. Edit: also, that was a part of my negative points! It's not that it's impossible to mutiquote, it's just difficult and gets early users in trouble.
those quotes were examples that were made so they obviously wont link to any post. people dont usually have to quote multiple posts unless its a very active shop. i honestly could careless if its implemented or not but i only see it having a use in 1 section of threads and i cant figure out how it would work on mobile. i like the current system but i do wish the 'quote post' button didnt take you to make a new post but instead saved it and allowed you to paste it on a post you were already working on, basically able to copy and paste a post.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
My point was more that a quote created using the code wouldn't have a link. So this versus this.

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

D.MC's AvatarD.MC

My point was more that a quote created using the code wouldn't have a link. So this versus this.

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

ah, ok its because it doesnt have the post/user number thingy unless you checked it beforehand and typed it in.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page