PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Filtering empty parties

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123

POLL: Is this a good idea?

Total votes: 141

You must be logged in to vote.

Suggestion Title: Empty Party Filtering Suggestion Summary: Recently, there has been mention of people having issues with empty parties consistently showing up in their clicking ventures, so we wanted to take a look at this while we waited for data elsewhere (so we're not just twiddling our thumbs waiting, basically). That said - the idea we wish to put forward is that users with an empty party are 'flagged' as having an empty party. This means that if you use the "Clickback" link which is located on the top bar, under you username, these users won't show up until they have something in their party. This would also apply to the "Open 10" link located next to the "### Users Online". If you were to go to the "### Users Online" link and want to Open 50 links and sort them however you want, you would notice a new toggle option -

Mock screenshot

so if you don't care about whether peoples' parties are empty or not, this doesn't necessarily have to be something that bothers you. positive / negative points: Normally I'd say these need to be included but I'm in a bit of a unique position wherein there's the definite possibility that my bias would have much more of an effect than a standard users - so instead, I'm going to refrain and seek judgement on the idea I've put forth. As positives and negatives come in, I will add them to the end of this post. Reason For Consideration: There was issue expressed with the issue that we are aiming to resolve and this is the method of resolution which we have come up with. We simply aim to ensure this is correct before doing anything.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
Bluntly, these parties would really have no reason to show up. They're essentially a 'null', with no activity possible. As such, why would they even need to show up other than to just 'fill up space'.
They were online and effectively you asked for online users. You got exactly what was asked for - not necessarily what you *wanted*. That's the thing with programs and computers in general. They do exactly what you tell them to do... Which isn't necessarily what you want them to do. The hope is that this option / update would allow people to get what it is that they wanted in the first place.
am all for this idea, I click during a slow time so I easily click everyone online. it gets really irritating after a while when you have a row of 8+ users sitting at the top of your list with empty parties.
Melan Entei Hunt

Livedex: Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos/Alola/Galar
Code made by: me -- Image Credit(s)
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I can support this as long as its strictly toggle. I personally dont mind passing by empty users. But as someone who uses interactions sent this might filter out people who clicked me but had no party pokemon. But i still enjoy returning fields clicks if someone clicked me :)
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Shads42's AvatarShads42
I think this is a good idea. With the switch from all interactions counting towards the egg counter to only party interactions, being able to filter out the empty parties would be helpful. I would assume that most people don't do all the interactions to get to the level 10 egg counters at once, so empty parties during the first round of clicking could easily be filled during other rounds of clicking.
  • About Me
  • My Shops
  • Cool Pokemon
Disabled college student studying computer science Asexual, Demiromantic, Demigirl (she/her or they/them plz) Type Race: 0 points Open to sparring, doing delta clicks for delta clicks, and massclicking
My trade shop, run in conjunction with my cousin KaidaMcWoomy: [link] My art shop: [link]
I really like Salamence, Sandaconda, Dratini, Dragonair, Mightyena, Poochyena, Spheal, Seel, Rayquaza, and any members of their evolutionary line (aside from dragonite). One day I hope to be able to hord a bunch of them ^_^
CorvidCreepz's AvatarCorvidCreepz
As someone who's a mass party clicker, I support this in full B) But like someone said, toggle only (not default) option would be awesome, like with the compact party view)
He/They/It Silly little guy hoarder
  • Click PetSites
  • Credits
I play a few petsites that benefit off of user interaction, why not give them a click? ^_^
Pfp belongs to McPig / Tour De Pizza dev team.
Hexables's AvatarHexables
I'm for this suggestion (as a toggle as it's suggested). I often get distracted while clicking and empty parties make it a little worse, so I feel like a toggle to turn them off would be super helpful.
~*My art dump*~~*My journal*~ Mantyke avatar and art store stamp are mine, little giftbox made by Animela!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Definite support!! Although, would this be laggy at all? It may just be my foggy memory, but I remember seeing a thread similar to this a while ago where lag was a concern. Also, is there any chance that you could add a poll to ths suggestion? because I feel kinda awkward just posting "support" and then asking a random question--
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
As far as we've been able to test, there's no issue with lag. I can add a poll, yes.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page