PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Pokémon Sun & Moon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Update 1/Dec/2016

We have begun release of Generation 7 Pokémon on PFQ. As such, the embargo is being lifted and you may now use Gen7 stuff in your profiles, avatars, signatures etc.. Thank you for your cooperation during the spoiler-free period.

Reminder 6/Nov/2016

We know a lot of you are excited for the release of the games - so are we! But this embargo will not end right after the games get out. Remember that not everybody is able to pre-order or buy it right off the bat, so we want PFQ spoiler-free for a while. The embargo will lift when we set loose Gen 7 upon the site. Until then, please refrain from publicly displaying images, templates, links, videos, text, ... that are related to Sun & Moon. If you really must use them - when requesting/commissioning art - please use double hideboxes as shown below. Artists: Let people know whether you accept or decline orders that are Sun & Moon-related and, if you do, put the finished product/example in double hideboxes as shown below.

Reminder 17/May/2016

While the official trailer has revealed the names and Types of the Starters, it's still NOT okay to post those anywhere except for the discussion thread linked below with the appropriate hide boxes. Anyone found having a Starter's name on their profile will have the offending piece taken down or replaced with a small warning.

Original post

So, as everybody who hasn't been living under a rock knows, Nintendo very recently announced new Pokémon games. Everyone is understandably excited about Sun and Moon, but before you go running around the forums flailing with your arms above your head and excitedly spewing details everywhere...

STOP!

It's all well and good to want to discuss the new games, but as always, there are people who don't want to know anything about them until they get them. Those of you who were around for the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will probably know what I'm getting at, but for those who don't, I'll explain further. We, the staff, respect the choices of those who want to remain spoiler-free, and we require our users to do the same. As such, we are forbidding all spoilers, except in the designated thread in the Pokémon Games section of the forum, found here. However, anything you post there MUST be put in double hide tags that are clearly marked as containing spoilers.

Example

[hide="Spoiler alert!"] [hide="Are you sure?"] Spoiler goes here. [/hide] [/hide] Gives you:

Spoiler alert!

Are you sure?

Spoiler goes here.
There are to be no pictures in avatars or signatures, or on userpages. There are to be no video links or links to sites that have posted spoilers, no spoilers revealed in text, and no links to such. There are to be no spoilers given in PMs to someone who has not expressly stated at least twice that they want them. This is the only warning you're going to be given. We're dead serious here, folks; people have the right to not have spoilers thrown in their faces wherever they look. Let's keep it on the down-low so those people can keep the contents of the new games a surprise for themselves.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
ArtesQ's AvatarArtesQ
The brown circle made me excited for another update for the recode, but that isn't the case:p. Further to stay on topic I'm tottaly with the staff on this one, good to adress this issue.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
Hi. I just wanted to know that once the games come out, how many months will we have to wait before we can freely talk about the game without the need of double hide tag. I know it's a bit early to ask but I just wanted to know ^^
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
As much as I wish I could double hide things... I don't even have a DS to play the game to spoil it for people. Anyways, If I do end up somehow putting a spoiler somewhere, I shall be sure to double, maybe even triple hide it! XD

Spoiler

Are You Sure?

JK You've been punked, this isn't a spoiler... XD Sorry

If you don't get this view this Wikipedia Page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue
This isn't actually a Spoiler, enter without fear.
Batty3300's AvatarBatty3300
I think I'm more excited for Pokemon Go...
caosnekomata's Avatarcaosnekomata
Like this?

Spoiler alert!

Are you sure?

Kirya's AvatarKirya
Oh. So I've been living under a rock and I didn't even know. Thanks for the heads-up! Happy to know there'll be even MORE pokemon games XD
Bin's AvatarBin

QUOTE originally posted by caosnekomata

Like this?

Spoiler alert!

Are you sure?

That's actually something I was going to ask about. Do joke posts which explicitally only have anything to do with the title go under the spoiler rule? Or are they fair game since A LOT of jokes can be made with just the titles without actually giving anything away?
caosnekomata's Avatarcaosnekomata

QUOTE originally posted by Bin

That's actually something I was going to ask about. Do joke posts which explicitally only have anything to do with the title go under the spoiler rule? Or are they fair game since A LOT of jokes can be made with just the titles without actually giving anything away?
I think it is impossible to control the jokes, since it is rumors and opinions.about the new games. I think valid having a topic for official information and another just for debate and speculation. Allowing jokes like these only in the second.
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth
Honestly, if it has to do with the games at all, joke or not. Even if you think it's not a spoiler, play it safe. Double Tag it.
Signature by Naiyala

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page