PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Padfoot's Log

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123456

The next tourney means I can get the Galar eggs I need and old tourneymon I still need! >:D
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
When you need IP desperately and then end up breeding 600 eggs o.o
Me, finally slinking back into the sprite discovery thread: Are we done with the whipped cream pokemon yet?
Here's the thing, right? I have an immense amount of privelige, especially for a gender diverse person. I am almost the whitest of white (probably only a fair skinned redhead or an albino person have paler skin than me). I present masculine and am read as male 100% of the time now. When I walk into a store holding hands with my wife (who generally presents feminine), no one gives us a second look. We look like any other cis-het young couple - though most are surprised we're married this young. As much as I do fear for my life around law enforcement, as much as I do fear for my safety every day I use a public restroom that isn't a single toilet room, as much as I do fear the world when I am part of such a marginalized group, especially considering I identify as genderqueer/nonbinary... I still have an immense amount of privelige. And I don't take that lightly. Because I see hundreds of people a day (when I do go out), and I know that a large portion of them are dealing with the same feelings. Because I see Black people. Because I see Asian people. Because I see Hispanic people. Because I see same sex couples. Because I'm sure in the sea of faces (that I can hardly bear to look at), I've seen a trans person or two. Hell, all these physical jobs I've been in, especially Amazon, most of my coworkers have been Black. And I have to sit and wonder why that is... Because sure, the transportation industry pays a decent wage, but why don't a lot of these people work in retail, customer service, career path jobs, things that don't kill your body so severely and so quickly? Sure, a lot of these people (mostly men in the physical labor jobs but I've seen a great share of women too) probably enjoy their work or see it as a stepping stone to a higher level within Amazon... But these people don't have the priveliges us white folk do. And it is just that simple. Systemic racism is more than just police brutality based on skin color. It's housing. It's employment. It's family planning. It's so much more. I went to college - a very well known university that "only smart people go to" (credit: a friend of mine who was in community college at the time) - almost entirely on financial aid. Not a scholarship. Government (federal and state) appropriated funds. Do Black people get this opportunity? Sure, they get minority scholarships here and there, but how many of those scholarships are given out vs how many people apply? I take my pup out at all hours of the night because my sleep schedule is non existent. I'm often wearing a dark shirt and dark basketball shorts. I do not have to worry about finding a light colored shirt to wear. I do not have to worry about not putting my hands in my pockets. I do not have to worry about checking my phone while outside on the off chance a cop decides to drive by. I do not have to worry about losing my life and all that I have lived for/all I have yet to do because my dog needed to pee at 3 in the morning. During in person interviews, I worry about keeping my wrist tattoo hidden as much as possible. If necessary, I can wear a nice long sleeve shirt instead. I also generally make sure my hair is cut or at least tame and I usually trim my beard. A Black person cannot just cover up the color of their skin. A large portion of Black people cannot just spend two minutes to make their hair look "nice" for an interview. NOTE: I enjoy the difference in hair styles and textures, and the first thing I tend to notice in a person is their hair. I hate the fact that if you google image search "professional hair" and then "non professional hair" you will see mostly, if not only, white people and then mostly, if not only, Black people. I will be the first to admit I don't really have any Black friends - but I also don't have many friends in general. The Black people I do talk to or interact with don't strike fear into me, don't pose a threat to me, don't scare me. They're people, just like me, trying to make a living in a world that doesn't understand them. And maybe this is all biased by the fact that I'm living in poverty, but supported enough to not be homeless or hungry. And most people don't have that privelige either. I've watched a Black woman break down crying because if she didn't get a route to deliver she wouldn't be able to pay bills/see her child/etc (I wasn't part of the conversation but I heard pieces). I gave her my route because I knew she needed it more. I gave a Black woman a ride home a couple weeks ago because her ride left without her. I live 5 minutes or so away from work. She lived about 15-20 in the opposite direction. I didn't ask for gas money. It didn't even occur to me to. My heart aches for the homeless, and I want to dedicate my life to helping the homeless when I'm able to. However, when I see homeless holding signs around the highways here, I try to help whenever I can, but especially when it's a Black person. They have far more barriers than white folk do. And this is not me trying to say I'm a white savior or whatever because "I'm so great for being nice to Blacks!!1!" /entitled snob voice /ew. No. This is me saying very boldly that I recognize that Black people face far more difficulties in life and within society than I do. And I wish they didn't have to. Because "all men are created equal".
And if you have a problem with this or with me, you can go ahead and not ever talk to me. I don't tend to interact with those who stay willingly ignorant on important social issues. Especially when people's lives are at stake.
OH NOOOO I MISSED MY BIRTHDAY CS ;-;
When you love a pokemon so much it randomly becomes your sona... but you have an existing sona and neither one has a name!
Pokemon Unite is my new favorite game. Zeraora - my newest sona - is my main and I'm good playing him >:D
Capitalism kills
Obligatory I am still here bump
Welp so I missed this year's bday CS but at least there's this From 2022 Advent Calendar This is my favorite <3 <3 <3

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page