PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Recode update: epic stuff!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 131415

Ganorith's AvatarGanorith
@Hiromi Don't give up on your dreams. You just need to learn. I wasn't born with the knowledge I had, I had to gain my knowledge the hard way. If you give up now, then you will never be able to make that amazing game you have in your head!... But if you really want to give up, than by all means, go ahead. I won't stop you. You just won't fulfill your dreams. * Ganorith's inspiring speach fills you with DETERMINATION!
PFP/BG/IMG from Golden Sun Code Collection
Hiromi's AvatarHiromi

QUOTE originally posted by Ganorith

@Hiromi Don't give up on your dreams. You just need to learn. I wasn't born with the knowledge I had, I had to gain my knowledge the hard way. If you give up now, then you will never be able to make that amazing game you have in your head!... But if you really want to give up, than by all means, go ahead. I won't stop you. You just won't fulfill your dreams. * Ganorith's inspiring speach fills you with DETERMINATION!
true...
Aero's AvatarAero
why do we have to use "" when doing bbcodes now?
Avatar made by Aero. Collecting Summons For:
My Shop
We don't have to use it now. But in the recode, since we are using something new for our bbcode system, nested bbcodes (bbcodes that serve as a variable for another bbcode, like progress bars) would break due to the system's order of operations, in which it doesn't check the code on the inside first unless quotation marks (") are present.
Amy5101's AvatarAmy5101

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Suriya

LOVE the video -- have a question/suggestion? Not sure if it's possible, but I find that a very involved issue arises when evolving pokemon that have stones/items. Is it possible for the evolving to be coded in such a way that if you have the item in your inventory (for say Water/Fire/Thunder stones, special evo items that don't require trades etc) it will display as an evolvable pokemon? For example, Shellder. If I wanted to evolve it into Cloyster and had a Water stone in my inventory - instead of having to put an item on the pokemon, it would draw from what I have and subtract a stone when I decide to evolve. I also didn't read through the thread, so I apologize if this has been asked/answered.
Sorry, but this is unlikely. Because of Eevee. The reason being that it can only be valid to have one evolution option be valid at any given time. With Eevee, however, let's say it's in a Grass-type Field at max Happiness and you have a Fire Stone in your inventory. Does it evolve into Leafeon? Umbreon/Espeon? Or Flareon? With the current system, the answer is Flareon (assuming the Fire Stone is held!), because held items are a deliberate choice and therefore take priority. Without the Fire Stone, the field choice becomes the priority and it would become Leafeon. Finally if it were out of that field then it would be Umbreon/Espeon because Happiness. So by having it be controlled by held items, deliberate choice can be detected, and a single Evolution choice can always be given that corresponds to what you wanted to do because you have taken steps with deliberate intent towards a specific evolution.
So I have been thinking about this for a while now and since I really like this to become an actual thing in Pokefarm - hopefully my solution will work. So, because, just like Niet said, some Pokemon have options to evolve into more than one form, I came up with a possible solution that will make this issue of not making this update a reality, go away. Here's my solution - when a Pokemon is ready to evolve, there could be a little drop down menu from the evolution button that will show all possible evolutions for that Pokemon and highlight the ones that you are able to do depending on which items you have in your inventory. This way, you won't have to add an item to every single Pokemon and it will fix the issue with multiple-evolution Pokemon.
Avatar by Marie Chan (from Advent Calendar event)
playytyyme's Avatarplayytyyme
so when this be affective so we can see and use tis update
It will be effective once the recode is finished.
This looks Fantastic! Color me impressed! This looks like a pretty challenging project!

Pages: 123··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page