PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

More field backgrounds

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

lukeSK1's AvatarlukeSK1
I've been playing Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue lately and I looked for a list of friend areas and I noticed how many of them there really were. I'm slightly confused as to why some of them arent already fields. I mean some might argue that there would be too many fields of one type but Normal had 2 and so does Water. Ones like Bountiful Sea, Engergetic Forest, Beau Plains, and Darkness Ridge would be great to have. I'm not suggesting the mods do this i'm just asking the question can they do it.
First off, this sounds like something that belongs better in the Help or Suggestion forum than Discussion. Second, the mods wouldn't be able to do anything, Niet is the one that makes stuff happen, though I believe all of staff have a say... As someone who hasn't played much of PMD, and even then only one of the games, I don't see how you could want or need more field types. There are two normal and two water ones because there are more of those two types than any other of pokemon, and maybe you'd like a little variety in the background if you decide to organize your fields by type.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
lukeSK1's AvatarlukeSK1

QUOTE originally posted by PadfootTheWolf

First off, this sounds like something that belongs better in the Help or Suggestion forum than Discussion. Second, the mods wouldn't be able to do anything, Niet is the one that makes stuff happen, though I believe all of staff have a say... As someone who hasn't played much of PMD, and even then only one of the games, I don't see how you could want or need more field types. There are two normal and two water ones because there are more of those two types than any other of pokemon, and maybe you'd like a little variety in the background if you decide to organize your fields by type.
I would want them because they look kind of amazing, and I would have wanted to see them as places to put my pokemon.
I don't see a use for it other than aesthetic, really... If something like that were to be added, it would be a very small priority.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
I went ahead and moved this to Suggestions, since that is what this is.
TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
I thought there'll be more comment here, when I've read it one week ago... .-. Well, then XD Although I've never palyed the Mystery Dungeon and don't really know how the background looks, I think that'd be a great idea! It'd really changed my fields monotonity! In one hand, Padfoot, I think, you are right, there are more normal and water pokemon that's why there are more than one background for them. But what about the hoarders? Who has countless of the same fields, because they're hoarding just one or two pokemons and let's face it: there are 18 types tight now, and just two have more fields. If you are hoarding any pokemon from the other 16 types... So I like this idea, I support it! More variety in backgrounds means more unique farms in my opinion. :)
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
When I did the graphics for the fields, I took suitable Friend Areas (some are awkwardly shaped or incomplete due to you being unable to walk into all the corners in the game) and converted them to vector images with varying success to give what we have now. I will consider in future having more fields made, perhaps even custom designs instead of being borrowed from PMD.We'll see.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sei's AvatarSei
moving to approved - to be done in recode.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page