PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests & Artists' Rights

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

QUOTE originally posted by StarDustx

Thank you guys for these new rules. I've noticed both of these things happen often and I'm glad something is being done about it. I have a question though. I had a "contest" of sorts running right now, where the users guess which egg I'll hatch my melanistic Skitty at, and the winner (whoever guesses closest) gets a shiny. Obviously I can't really give a deadline... I've seen other contests similar to this too. What happens with them, since there's no way to say when it'll end? Are contests like this exempt from the deadline rule as long as the one holding it is still actively taking part in the contest?
That's one of the situations where you'd contact a member of staff and talk about it. But you just did so here, so I'll publicly state that, for the type of contest you described, that's fine :) I'd still recommend that anyone else who runs such a contest message a member of staff about it, though.

QUOTE originally posted by Colress

Really glad to see this being brought up. I only noticed this recently as well, but then I noticed the sheer amount of it and it was kind of gross. I'm sure a lot of people didn't mean it in a bad way (as in, they'd just want to use it in a template or a skin or something), but it was still forcing artists to give up their rights. I do have a question though. If we see contests with these kinds of rules, how would we go about reporting it?
The usual way - go to a users userpage, hit that little "Report User" button and give us a link to the thread. We're looking at adding (hopefully) "Report this post" and "Report this thread" buttons (in appropriate places, a'course). But I can't give any deadline on that. With any luck we'll be able to add it here as well as in the re-code, but as it stands... Things are starting to get a tad messy and Noot Noot doesn't know if he'll be able to make it work on PFQ D: #additional information aww yee.
Kïpcha's AvatarKïpcha
master.pngb.png
This is the right place to say I appreciate this, right? Because I do. This is much appreciated. I always put a signature on my art just in case.
While I never entered any art contests or knew there were some doing that, I'm glad to hear it's been taken care of and hopefully will end. And that idea of doing a report post sounds like a great idea, only drawback would be if the person who's having it reported deletes it beforehand. But I'm sure you guys will think of something ^_^
Love Is Love ♂ + ♂ = ♥ ♀ + ♀ = ♥ ♀ + ♂ = ♥ put this on your signature if you agree The ultimate perfection, is imperfection ♥ put this on your signature if you agree
Holmes's AvatarHolmes
ultra.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Caitlin Panthera

And that idea of doing a report post sounds like a great idea, only drawback would be if the person who's having it reported deletes it beforehand. But I'm sure you guys will think of something ^_^
Once it's on the internet, it stays on the internet :P

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

That's one of the situations where you'd contact a member of staff and talk about it. But you just did so here, so I'll publicly state that, for the type of contest you described, that's fine :)
Alright ^^ Thanks for clearing that up.
Tigris0124's AvatarTigris0124
master.pngb.png
Okay, I have a question because I have one of these and I know others who do as well! :o I have a contest that is kind of a weekly thing (you can see said contest here). I have a weekly question then prizes given out each week (sometimes I may extend it or end that week early if things pop up). Just wondering how these types of contests would work? Since it now states a contest can't be more than 30 days.
Shop | Journal | Hoards summon_cel.pngCurrently in need of GS Ballssummon_cel.png Avatar was created by an old friend for me :) proof
Dogz's AvatarDogz
superior.pnge+.png
I'm kinda confused with this but don't know how to put it in a question. Garthic is it ok if I PM you? (I don't want it to be… public)
Nothing is here
Made by Kirozey
'Course you can Dogz. Tigris - that'd effectively be a weekly occurring contest, right? So each "contest" is less than 30 days in duration. That's fine~
Tigris0124's AvatarTigris0124
master.pngb.png
Ahh, okay! Thanks for clarifying! :D
Ticklicous's AvatarTicklicous
elite.pnge+.png
This is definitely something that I watch out for in art contests on other sites that I enter. My own art contests that I hold only ever state that I'm allowed to use the entries for personal use, but never the fact that I take all rights to the entries. It's seriously just pathetic when people take away the rights of others through contests.
octopolis's Avataroctopolis
master.pnga+.png
(((chuckles at the nickname "Noot Noot"))) But, on a more serious note, I need some clarification.. Do art contests involving the contest-holders pokesona apply to the rule of a contest-holder not being able to keep all entries for themselves? I know this could get a bit messy as I know some peoples 'sonas could just be an Eevee or a shiny Umbreon with no real differences than ones seen around bulbapedia or something. But I have seen it be mentioned in pokesona (or any sona) contests that since that character was created by said person, all the entries were "theirs."

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page