PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gray/grey out pokemon in the undiscovered group in the daycare

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
This would be useful for the new people who don't know that undiscovered means unbreedable. Also saves time and money from trying to create a legendary breeding "pair" or something like that.
Gif by KitKatKutie2
eura's Avatareura
What do you meant by "greying" them out? Would the pokemon be unable to be selected, or would the entire sprite be turned greyscale? I don't see the point of having undiscovered egg group pokemon being displayed differently from breedable ones. For one thing, it takes two seconds to put them into the daycare and see the "These two Pokemon are not eligible for breeding". Second of all, Articuno is undiscovered egg group, but can be bred to produce Koroku eggs. Thirdly, wouldn't this confuse newbies more if they try put a pokemon in the daycare, find out that they can't, and then think that that pokemon is forever unbreedable when it might just be a baby pokemon or a fakemon that will become breedable in a few seasons? No support. This isn't a well thought out suggestion, and it's unnecessary.
This doesn't seem necessary, with the "The Pokémon are not compatible for breeding" message that pops up when the pokemon in the daycare can't be bred. Greying them out wouldn't help or make this message any clearer
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
But it would be better for stuff like legendaries, where newbies would want to know that before they spend lots (well, lots to a newbie) of money on two legendaries.
eura's Avatareura

QUOTE originally posted by NeonFlame

But it would be better for stuff like legendaries, where newbies would want to know that before they spend lots (well, lots to a newbie) of money on two legendaries.
If you want to grey out legendaries in the daycare like the title of your suggestion says, then they'd have to own the legendaries before they could see that they're greyed out and therefore unbreedable - meaning they already own the pokemon, and rendering your point moot. This is also all assuming that the newbies don't know the first thing about legendaries and can't read the wiki or use the help forum.
Noon's AvatarNoon
Plus getting legendaries isnt exactly expensive, you might get lucky and get the summon items you want. no support (for reasons above; its already clear you cannot breed them the moment you put them in daycare)
I'm Noon, I hunt shinies and somehow get albinos when trying to get said shinies. It's odd. Cutie by Caden | Avatar by myself

QUOTE originally posted by Noon

Plus getting legendaries isnt exactly expensive, you might get lucky and get the summon items you want. no support (for reasons above; its already clear you cannot breed them the moment you put them in daycare)
It is expensive for a new person though... Plus it would be better for them if they knew it before puuting 2 in the daycare
I can totally see what you're trying to say. It could be a huge bummer for someone to spend theoretical thousands on two legends just to find they cannot breed. However: 1. No, it's really not that expensive to get legendaries to unlock them. You just have to be patient. I, and I'm sure many others, have gotten every single Summon to unlock egg dexes from Boxes. It just takes time, and really not that much of that, considering how much of that time can be spent doing other things like hatching, hunting and evolving. 2. Why would a Newbie feel the need to Breed legendaries? If it's to get an Egg, well they should know the only way to get Eggs is to Summon the legendary in the first place, which they likely have already done to get the legendary they already have. The only other reason I can think of is to shiny hunt, which if you're that new is HIGHLY not recommended. 3. If we REALLY need additional sources to inform newbies that legendaries can't breed, I shouldn't think any graying out should be necessary. Simply adding "Legendaries cannot breed" somewhere (Pokedex, the individual Pokemon's summary page, etc.) Should suffice, but I don't even think that's necessary because: 4. Is this a problem a lot of people have? I don't think I've ever seen a Newbie say, anywhere, they were wondering why the two legendaries they out in the DayCare cannot breed, mostly because at Newbie stage they likely don't have many, or any, legendaries anyway. I'm sorry but I just don't see any use for this. There really is no reason a Newbie should think they need to breed legendaries. I learned. Everyone else learned. Plus they're not breedable in the main series games so theres little logic to them being able to breed here.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.
eura's Avatareura

QUOTE originally posted by NeonFlame

It is expensive for a new person though... Plus it would be better for them if they knew it before puuting 2 in the daycare
Have you read my response at all? If the pokemon were greyed out in the daycare, then the newbie would have to already own the pokemon to see that. Which makes the point of saving them the cost of buying a legendary moot, because they'd already own the pokemon.
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
May I point out that there is also the fact that pokemon can be put in the daycare to raise levels. Its not really helpful to only be able to level up pokemon that can breed if you use the daycare for levelling up.
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page