PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Foreign names to change upon evolution

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

MariNee's AvatarMariNee
Suggestion Title: Foreign named Pokemon to change upon evolution Suggestion Summary: You know how you can change the names of Pokemon to other languages (Japanese, French, German and Korean) through the "Rename" option in the drop down menu? Well, currently when you evolve the pokemon, they keep the pre-evolution name. I'm suggesting that the name should change upon evolution just like the default English names. Positive points: Consistency, Quality of life suggestion. Negative points: PFQ is and english speaking site so this might not really a big concern for the time being. I'm not sure how the current way is coded, but I believe it treats the official foreign name (even though it is provided by the site) as a user given name, which might mean the code would have to be changed significantly. Reason For Consideration: Some people like to change the names of their pokemon to the official names in other languages, and have to manually change them again and again when they evolve. This would not only be a quality of life change but would keep things consistent with how the english names work.
Merrill's AvatarMerrill
support
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
1 week bump? Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
It makes sense, seems more like a minor bug than anything else lol
[ PFQ +12 | Works 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ] - Been a while, bear with me while I reacclimatise - Free Exclusive and Variant Exchange! Credits: Avatar | Signature | Banners
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
9 days since last post. So, bump?
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I rarely use this feature except on breeding pairs (French/etc names can sound really cool), but this would be nice for those who try to keep everything on their farm named that way. So I support.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
No reason to not support. So heck yeah. Some people really want and need this.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
10 days? Bumpo
kanata's Avatarkanata
Support, it'd be helpful for those who do have their pokemons names set to other languages plus I don't see why it shouldn't be added?
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
Support! I don't see why this wasn't a feature already. And it'd just be nice for users who do use the foreign names provided

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page