PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 1234··· 212223

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Random What-Pokewhat stuff.

Stuff

Animela's Ataraxia - Poke-What? Comics Review
  • Basic
  • Original
  • Pokefarm Based Ideas
  • Pokemon Based Ideas

Basics

So a lot may not remember but I used to have a Pokemon based Webcomic in the Art forums on PF v.1 before the Comics page was ever put into place. After running off to college and falling into a bit of misfortune I ended up not continuing it, not to mention the actual shutting down of PF1 kinda deterred from the future of it. The Story followed the Misadventures of Meadow, a "trainer" sucked into the Pokemon world from Earth with her "Eevee" a transformed Cat named Roury. She meets up with Professor Willow, an oddball woman(With a case of ADHD) who's intellectual standards are a begging to question who ends up sending her out into the Creekafeol Region. The story up until this point hadn't really been shown too far due to the limited amount of comics actually drawn and several others that hadn't been released by the time I got sucked back into school but it had its "end" messing around in the Lab. Willow is known for consistantly Upsetting the Protagnist, Roury is known for beating up things that anger her and Meadow's just downright annoyed with the whole situation. The story would later follow Meadow being pushed into this new Business of "Trainer collecting information for a lazy Professor" after Willow breaks 4th wall and drags another character from Hiramith into the Pokemon world and they both set out (Annoyed of course) into the Creekafeol Region which is loosely based on the Michigan Terrain. Their Rival turns out to be a Man who tries to act like a bad guy but honestly has no idea what he's doing. He tries to be a Techy but is obliviously Tech impaired. Things are known for blowing up in his face. The planned storyline for this oddball adventure would take the group across the Creekafeol Region while making References to Pokefarm going as far as eventually getting lost and refinding themselves exactly there, pursuing the wacky antics of your average farmer. (Warning, Willow and Meadow are both prone to throwing things) I am reconcidering redrawing the old comics and continuing on with the story. It was well received on PF1 and I am disheartened to find that I haven't continued it... Like at all. When I do start back up again, I plan to post them in the comics section instead of leaving them in the art section for those to randomly find. I don't think that'd be allowed anymore anyways. My comic was grandfathered in, in that aspect. xD While I don't have my original script for it anymore (Thank you Roury for tearing it up you butthole), I do still have most of my ideas in my head and my head is still throbbing with new ideas Some are entire story arcs, others are random skits that happen to pop themselves inbetween each arc. I want to take the chance to start to write down some of these ideas here. Michigan Features a lot of Water Features and woods but the North takes you to Mines and Mountains while the south harbors vast plains(Sparatically sprinkled with lots of Water). Creekafeol does have a lot of Designs for its own Pokemon, featuring mostly Watertypes(Duh), but there are a lot of others up for grabs to introduce not to mention the Classic Hybriding. There are still Original Pokemon featured from other regions but Pokefarm based Pokemon aren't to be shown until they actually reach the region or confusedly find one right before coming across it. I might do the once a week thing once I figure out how I'm going to redraw.

Original Storyline

Section is used for the original Plot. The original Story starts out with Meadow looking into a TV which randomly turns into a Portal. She's pulled through, is flopped face first into the ground and is confused. She looks around, Finds a Random Eevee which happened to be the cat that was pulled through with her and freaks out for a short while before picking her up. Professor Willow randomly finds them(Acts like a creeper) then assumes Meadow is the Trainer that's supposed to come with her to the Lab She asks if Roury is her starter(No, meadow doesn't know what that is), is told "No, shes my pet cat" which ends up starting the "Animals vs Pokemon" argument. Willow doesn't know what an Animal is, Meadow doesn't know what Pokemon are. Resuming the assumption Willow yanks Meadow towards the Lab, who eventually gets tired of holding Roury. This prompts the harrassment of the Cat vi Pokeball which leads to Willow being beaten up. Th next comic Pokes fun at "Fast healing" and Anime continuation errors stating the Clothes are indeed self repairing and that injuries are nearly as instant. Next is a play on the "Are we there yet" Making it to the Lab, the Nervous Professor requests Roury to be left outside, however upon entering, she becomes distracted showing off her lighting system until Meadow frustratingly gets her to knock it off. The following panels introduce Willow's selected starters (She was too lazy to get the Region's starters aside from the Grass, so we end up with Various ones from different regions) with starts by having them thrown at Meadow. This odd wave of panels is interupted midway by an Argument with a disagreeable Mudkip who is assumed to be female because it's pink. Meadow does not yet understand what a Shiny is or its value so the selfproud Pokemon fails his flaunt. Not for long however because Willow squeezes him into Submission. The next table introduces our classic "On fire" fire starters which prompts Meadow to freak out and knock herself out. The only things that will really be changing for these panels will be: 1. Roury's Design, since I hadn't really had the chance to design her properly. She's gotten an update more loosely based around her actual Cat look. and 2. Meadow will enter the world while surfing the Web rather than staring at a blank TV like a dumbfart. Roury will have been sitting in her Lap(Or laying on her Shoulder, depends on the shot). I'll probably be trying to draw the panels a bit more dynamically rather than having it look like a copypaste of poorly done drawings (Which is what I did tbh, I was working with classic paint at the time. xD)

Pokefarm Based Ideas

A few loose Pokefarm based ideas. Originals: 1. Shiny Hunting, Meadow's newfound obsession starting with the Aqua Shinx. Turns out... It's freaking blue. This enabled several things, running around throwing Berries at Pokemon to encourage other users to Hug her eggs. Hugging lots and lots of eggs. And nearly giving up while laying in a giant heap of orange shinx. However upon finding the Shiny there's the issue of all of the leftovers. Giving them away doesn't work fast enough, telling them to stay in the fields doesn't work and she doesn't have a truck to dump them all in the shelter with. She eventually attempts to just Eat them but her neighbors are appalled. 2. Berry Garden Upon realizing that you have to feed berries to Pokemon to Level them, she tries to garden and harvest as many berries as she can. The green thumb check fails multiple times (Although it turns out that Lyf is just a butthole) and she eventually gives the Job to Nunka. However, it turns out that you don't need to actually grow berries to feed pokemon, there's somehow an endless supply. Dumping out an entire feeding basket will result in berries all over the floor and the basket refilling itself the moment it's turned rightside up. 3. A few Lab incidents involving Willow coming to Visit. Although she receives the Banhammer shortly after. She ends up Deported. Note: Don't tweak out in Holly's lab and don't anger Sally. 4. Boxes collection, Scours Not really an Idea but Headcannon, the way that Pokefarm is setup is sort of in vast lands with all of the stuff centered around a main town. The Downtown district shows off things such as the Shelter, Daycare, Item Shop, Doug, a Newspaper Center(Announcements) ect while a more Suburban area(Forum) features Playershops(Trading, Art, ect), Library with Books(Guides), A Debate Room(Suggestions), Help Center and general hangout area. A featured "treehouse" building for "Chat" is also shown but is based more off on a really really old joke from a while ago. 5. There are a few featured Cameos from random friends/users. I'm probably still going to do those for those who had asked about it. Better late than never eh? 6. Meadow will have to leave Pokefarm eventually but will return periodically since she has to finish her job for Willow. She ends up with a new traveling partner because Britan is like "No go away" by the time they get there. Newer Ideas created from the release of PFQ: 1. Fishing Meadow's going to ignore the release option and just throw rocks until they run away. Too lazy. 2. Wishforge Confusion with the Wishmaker = Run away, too many shiny things. Too much sparklestuffs. 3. Market, Breaking it. 4. Weird Encounters + Albino Encounters 5. Field police, don't cram so many pokemon into one field.

6. Conspiracy!

So this idea popped up while I was working: Meadow Encounters a random User early on in her introduction to Pokefarm. She's trying to buy something with "Dollars" but the NPC doesn't know what a Dollar is. They only take "Credits", another form of Money. The user pops up stating "Oh, you're from Earth too huh?" Continue into conversation which leads to the random user claiming that "Sometimes this place feels like one of those addicting games that just Sucks you in. Some people leave but they eventually end up getting drawn back." It's also later explained that you can convert Earth currency into other things such as Zophan at certain stations but it's best to hold onto it because it's considered to be a "Legacy Item"

Pokemon Based Ideas

Pokemon based ideas mostly come from Game Mechanics and really old Roleplays. 1. The Classic Breeding upset. Roury is left alone in a Daycare with Lyf. Problems ensue because Meadow doesn't realize what it's for and Eevee and Chikorita are supposed to be non-breedable to each other. Not to mention, Roury hates Lyf. They end up with an Egg anyways (Which is magically pops out of nowhere,) startling the Couple, The Old Man, and Meadow when she comes back for them. It hatches into a PlantType Feline which originates from the Creekafeol region anyways. It is unknown how exactly this happened. 2. Finding Nunka Nunka as lot may know is my Pokesona. The Comics meet up with her at some point, doesn't care for the trainer but ends up captured anyways. It goes into her background a bit at some points and she and Meadow eventually grow close anyways. She is in accompaniment while Roury and Lyf are stuck at the Daycare. 3. Can't catch fainted pokemon. Meadow faints a couple different pokemon while attempting to catch/document them. However, once fainted, they can't go into a pokeball so they end up being rolled into the bushes for recovery. Whoops 4. Trainer Identification Card Meadow finds out that hard way that you don't get just your picture taken, you just try to pick what looks like you from a series of 8. This eventually gets petitioned. The pictures use Kris, Ethan, May, Brendan, Dawn, Berry, Rosa and Nate. The original M&F trainers from Gens 2-5. 5. HM Cut "This strangely leafed plant shouldn't stop me from getting passed" Meadow is warned by an NPC that she can't go passed those plants, that they need to be cut. Attempting to go around or climb over results in being "Vined" and then thrown. Whoops. Lyf attempts to to eat because he's a butt, but this ends up with the same results. Trying to use an Axe yields mixed results. 6. Gyms This features an Ash Cameo and him bragging but this only goes to Annoy Meadow. It also leads to questioning his age, why the heck he's still 10 when he was born in 1987.(Says so on his trainer identification card, reference to the first Aired espide April 1st 1997). He just insists on being 10. 7. B is for Brick Pressing the B button while a Pokemon is trying to evolve causes them to stop midsequence. Willow at one point throws a Brick at Roury to prevent her from Evolving. She never really doesn't explain beyond "B is for Brick" and why that helps. Roury evolves eventually, but the first time was def not going to happen. 8. Buneary Dealing with a Mischievous Buneary.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Poop
I am full of crap
Tab 2
More Crap
Tab 3
Tab 3's Crap
Tab 4
Tab 4's Crap
Tab 5
Tab 5's Crap
Tab 6
Tab 6's Crap
You see me :D
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Moved
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Moved
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Moved
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Moved
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Christmas Art I've drawn for the Site

Pages: 1234··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page