PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Technical difficulties with sub-sites

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just to let you know, we are aware of issues affecting sub-sites such as support.pokefarm.org, wiki.pokefarm.org, pokefarm.wiki and img.pokefarm.org. I have had to restore backups of these sites' databases, which vary from one to seven days old - the Wiki was worst affected, with apologies to our editors. I have done what I can to fix the issue, but it is a temporary fix at best. There may be further problems, and I will fix them as and when I can until a more permanent solution can be found. Many apologies for the inconvenience.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
locketshoru's Avatarlocketshoru
That's fine, we'll figure it out.
Right click, open in new tab, wait thirty seconds, close tab. Thanks! Name's Mei. I have a Journal and a Spriting Shoppe. Do pay this Sinnoh-Canadian a visit. [[Behind server time by eight hours]] Avatar made by me, for me.
Einah Pets's AvatarEinah Pets
This doesn't affect pokefarm.com though, just the subsites?
Sprite by William Allen
Sprite made by QueenNelielHoro
Avatar made by AshleyKT Also check out for cool art, and some freebies!
meowrly's Avatarmeowrly
For some reason one of my .gifs stopped working at around reset.. is this apart of this problem or a simple coincidence? just a coincidence, sorry. Well, I dont really use the sub-sites, but i do know they are important to the site. Hope they get fixed very soon! :)
Oro's AvatarOro
Thanks for restoring the sub-sites Niet, I'm sure you will come up with a permanent fix, but in the meanwhile it's already great that we can access the wiki and support again. I'm also sorry if the wiki editors lost any important content they submitted just recently, but luckily a week old back up shouldn't be missing too many lines of new content. Until a permanent fix is done it would probably be best for each editor to keep backups of all important new content they add saved somewhere else as well, like PFQ notepad or somewhere on their computer. My apologies if my advice sounds as obvious or even rude, I mean it with good will, as I know too well what it means to see several wiki pages filled from scratch disappearing forever with no way to have them back. It happened to me on another site, and only after that incident I learned to personally save backups of any content I added on other wiki sites.
Kieri's AvatarKieri
Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep a copy of added content for now, and have sent it to the other editors. Just clarifying, but for the time being, the wiki may break again, correct?
Stay hydrated~ Avatar by Squidacious [p]
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It shouldn't, but anything can break and its best to be prepared, no maatter how reliable something may seem.
Ben Aquablood's AvatarBen Aquablood
I hope you could find a permanent solution to those issues that occurred on the sub-sites Niet!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page