PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sleight of Heart -- [COMPLETED]

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Sleight of Heart -- [COMPLETED] >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 10

Light from the hallway peaks inside the room, giving me just enough vision to see my wallet sitting on the desk next to the door. I eagerly snatch it up before noticing Darryl had replaced the light bulb over the featureless vanity with a black light bulb that was still on, giving the rest of the room a creepy glow. I take a half-step inside the room to see how everything looked under the black light. My eyes adjust to the shadows after a few moments, but that’s when I notice a few random, bright splotches scattered about the floor. I feel my face frown in confusion, but only for the couple seconds it takes me to realize what they are. My head whips around. My teeth grind. One bigger, nasty spot is on my bed! And the moment my eye catches it, my mattress creaks and the spot shifts slightly! I exhale loudly and uncontrollably, but it sounds more like a growl in my ears. But since I don’t actually want to get arrested for double homicide, I snatch up my wallet and force my body to step back into the hall. The door closes, not remotely quiet, and I even manage to lock it before yanking the key out and shoving it back into my pocket. How in the hell could he be stupid enough to do something like that?! It takes every ounce of control I have to maintain what little focus I can muster to get back downstairs to the snack machine. Even the honey bun tastes bitter a minute later when I start wolfing it down. I don’t even know how to start calming myself. The only thoughts coming to forefront of my mind involve malicious, gruesome murder and the absolute incineration of every fabric covering my bed. Heh… My bed. Haven’t even slept in it yet. Really don’t want to now. Fortunately, the crowd has thinned a bit, and Marilyn is nowhere to be seen. I don’t have to talk to a soul while finishing off the honey bun, and I know that’s best for me. It feels like everything inside me is just waiting to erupt the next time I try to speak a single word. After a minute, I decide it’s better to not risk it and leave the dorm. Though the campus is mostly silent, I don’t really pay attention to much else. I just need a while to let the anger drain out of me to the point where I don’t want to bash someone’s skull in. Ugh… still need to walk some more. I’m not sure how much time passes, but when my legs start to ache, I reluctantly head back to McFadden. In hindsight, walking again probably wasn’t the best idea. I probably worked up more hunger and added to the problem I’ll be having tomorrow morning. Fatigue seeps its way into more than just my legs as the dorm comes within view. All the music seems to have stopped. The lights in the lobby appear to be turned off as well. As I reach the walkway leading up to the front door, I see a figure loitering at the entrance. Upon noticing me, the figure hastily heads in my direction. In only a few seconds, she passes under the illumination of a lamppost and I can clearly see the oversized, tie-dye shirt that could have easily doubled as a loose, short dress on her figure. “What are you doing up?” I ask, my voice carrying more irritation than intended. “What are you doing out?” Marilyn fires back. “I thought you were heading to bed until I saw you leave the dorm earlier.” She gestures toward an open window on the third floor which I assume is her room. “Didn’t want me tagging along?” I huff and continue walking around her. My mind isn’t calm enough to deal with her nagging tone, and the last thing I want is to start a fight over something that doesn’t even involve her. But Marilyn doesn’t let up. I already hear the footsteps of her bare feet on concrete running up behind me. She grips my arm and pulls, stopping my pace.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page