PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in a silly ghost's ramblings ☆

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > a silly ghost's ramblings ☆ >

ToastyGhost's AvatarToastyGhost
epic fun fact about me: impidimp is actually very closely linked to me :O
i'm from the county of lincolnshire in england (for y'all that's not british, a county is basically the equivalent of a state in america i guess??) and in lincoln (which is the main city in the county) in the cathedral, there is a little stone imp in lincoln cathedral's pillars called the lincoln imp.

the story of the lincoln imp, taken from the Visit Lincoln website

Legend has it that one day the Devil was in a frolicsome mood, and sent two naughty creatures to cause mischief on Earth. After allegedly stopping at Chesterfield, twisting the spire of St Mary and All Saints Church, the two imps went to Lincoln to wreak havoc in the city's Cathedral. Upon arriving, the naughty imps went inside the cathedral and started to cause mayhem, knocking over the Dean, smashing the stained glass windows and destroying the lights. In a bid to put a stop to their antics, an angel was sent to warn the imps off causing any more chaos. One of the imps hid underneath a table, whilst the other started throwing stones and rocks at the Angel in a final act of defiance - “Stop me if you can!” it cheekily retorted. In a moment of anger, the Angel turned the Imp to stone. He has remained in the same spot ever since, sitting cross-legged on top of the pillar overlooking the Angel Choir – a constant reminder of how good will always triumph over evil. Ever wondered why it's so windy outside the Cathedral? That's thought to be caused by the second Imp, waiting for his friend to return!
now you're probably wondering "ok tori but what does that have to do with anything at all..?? you're just talking about where you're from.." well the galar region is based on the united kingdom, and it was confirmed that nintendo took the inspiration from the lincoln imp to create impidimp (by lincolnshire's news outlet!!) i still visit lincoln very often and i grew up just a couple miles away from it!! :D so that's why impidimp is very dear to me, and i plan to hunt a melan of it one day ^_^ tldr: impidimp is closely linked to me because nintendo took inspiration from the lincoln imp to create em, which i live very very close to!! another random fact: lincoln cathedral used to be the tallest building in the world, for 237 years!! (from 1311-1548 :3) you can tell i'm rlly proud about where i come from xd

tori | she/he/any

silly goob :D
art shop!journal!credits

credits

code: RAINB0W forum icon: my oc sunday by Silver Raven!! signature pagedoll: Silver Raven!! (again xd) divider: animatedglittergraphics-n-more on tumblr!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page