PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

Also if I am the one with the intro post if I just say I have free pokes that match the team type then the user looking for a certain poke needs to go through each team mates fields and find it. This is no more helpful than just going and looking through users free fields already posted in the trade forums. A team mate going "I need x poke to complete my tr pair if anyone has free spares?" Is a lot more efficient in that those giving out help can see you ask for help and be like "I got you:)". Overall I just feel as though if the type race Team thread is this restrictive on things (that by the response to this thread nobody seems to find a real big problem with) then make limitations for things but don't take away the way we all work as teams. If that makes sense.
I have to second Seshielover here. The offered solution could potentially work, but like the quoted part of the post points out, it's just more efficient to just ask instead of having to go through everyone's posts and fields to see if they have anything you're looking for. The reason that people don't just PM others instead of posting in the thread is not only that unsolicited PMs are not always welcome, but that it is also easier to say "hey, I'm looking for [x]" and let people who are hunting the thing you need come to you instead of having to seek them out and potentially bother them. (Even if they have free fields, PMing often causes anxiety for some people.) Plus, if someone is trying to get pairs, and therefore looking for multiple OTs, they have to PM multiple people, whereas one post in the team thread can get multiple responses without sending a bunch of messages to different people, risking seeming spammy. Just the idea of this being considered begging in the first place rubs me the wrong way to be quite honest... And based on the responses, I think that is the biggest issue with regard to this PSA. I am aware that the official rule is:

Asking for free things is colloquially referred to as "begging". You are not allowed to ask for Pokémon, items, or currency in the forums, chat, or PMs without offering payment in return, unless the other player has already offered these things for free.
People seem to have a problem with the rule as a whole, because it lacks nuance. There is a huge difference between people asking for free shinies/hunting materials/etc. and asking not only for regular pokemon that are going to be released anyway, but putting it out there as a request to a group of people that can be ignored if someone doesn't have any to spare. At least in my mind:
  • PMing someone out of the blue, asking for their hunt extras when they haven't offered them, especially if unrelated to TR: Begging.
  • Making a forum post in type race forums, mentioning that they're trying to make a breeding pair and that they're looking for hunt extras to make one: Not begging.
Why? The main reason, from my POV, is that one of them is a one on one interaction with a person that potentially puts them into an awkward situation if they say no, which is a big part of the discomfort of someone begging you for something. A post in the TR forum, on the other hand, is a blanket request, usually used to help the team earn points. It isn't singling out any particular person, and as far as I've seen when people request hunt extras, it's not someone going in with an expectation of getting anything. It's completely optional whether or not anyone chooses to respond. Often people do! Posting like that in a TR forum seems to follow the same rules as why you're allowed to "beg" in your TC, about me, or signature: it isn't singling anyone out, it is a request people choose to respond to if they're feeling generous. Which is exactly why it seems illogical to me that it's okay in a signature, which shows up on every forum post anyway, but not an actual post. Honestly, if the reason were that it's seen as spammy, I'd get it. I wouldn't want the TR thread to be bombarded with trade posts that could easily be done in PMs either. But it being seen as begging and against the rules when it isn't against the rules to do that exact thing in your signature? Ehhhh. Personally that comes off as an arbitrary line being drawn between the two, when they aren't very different at all.
psychic.png Current Type Race score = 6431 psychic.png
Saving for Memory Stick!
678/200
All art by me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page