PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png
I also believe that a large amount of confusion/opposition is coming from the fact that we're allowed to offer to lend out our pre-existing pairs in a type race thread, but not to give away or ask for extra pokemon to make our own pairs with. By the exact letter of the rules definition of trading/begging, it makes sense, but by the "spirit" of the rules, they're all "trade agreements" made to help your teammates to breed more eggs, fill the shelter, hatch more pokemon and score more points. As I mentioned before, it's also very confusing to me that the very-functionally-similar Shelter Passes and Egg Supplier Passes are treated differently, with one being an exception and one not. The suggestion I made to allow Supplier Pass lending in TR threads has gathered an astounding amount of support, with 71(!!!!) upvotes and counting, so I know I'm definitely not alone in feeling this way <3 EDIT:

Asking for a Pokemon to keep, free or not, isn't a problem IF the other player has already offered to give away Pokemon for that purpose, but why is PMing the player to take them up on their offer not the go-to method for players, instead of posting in the Type Race thread? A private trade like that just... isn't the business of all the other players in the thread?
Genuinely, thank you so much for the clarification. And if I could ask for a little bit more clarification: would posts along the lines of "I have free regular [x]-type Pokemon to help you make pairs with, please PM me for them" be allowed in type race threads, or would that be considered a better fit for the trades forum? Asking because the only "exception" in the rules only mentions shiny/albino Pokemon, and not your run-of-the-mill regular pokemon for breeding pairs.
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page