PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

Methos's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMethos
supermod75.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Identity V

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

Begging. Begging, as defined by Site Rule 5A (site-level meaning it applies to the site as a whole, not just the forums), is named "No Begging". It defines begging as approaching other players for the purpose of asking for free things, "free" meaning nothing is offered in exchange. "Approaching" refers to creating a forum thread/forum post or sending a PM, for the purpose of making the ask. If you offer something in return, it becomes trading rather than begging. - snip -
Apologizes if this does not sound smart I can't word things well, but borrowing Pokémon pairs for TR should not be considered 'begging', it's just borrowing. They aren't free pokemon because at the end of TR, you will return the pair back to the user and that's it. You don't beg for a pair for someone because the two parties both agree that you are just lending these Pokémon to them for a little while and you will give them back. Considering borrowing a pair as 'getting free pokemon' is not true at all. Also, saying that people should use trade threads or signatures is also not that helpful. I personally usually just scroll by a signature, and if you are looking for a specific pair of an uncommon Pokémon, you can be scrolling for minutes at a time looking through breeding pair trades and shops that offer to sell breeding pairs just to find that the Pokémon pair you want to buy is not available, which means more searching. Making a trade thread yourself can be more helpful, but sometimes no body replies and is eventually drowned out until 42 hours has passed, where you can bump again and no one replies still. This can keep happening until the trade thread is eventually deleted. Being the Type Race Leader this month, I believe that you should be allowed to offer pairs for borrowing to others in the type race thread since it is much more easier to find the pair of Pokémon you wanted to hunt there and be able to use it until TR is over. This does not feel like it's begging at all. You shouldn't be begging for free Pokémon, yes, but loaning a pair for free with someone else on your team that gave you permission to shouldn't count. This includes the supplier passes and red giramino too. This is not meant to come off as rude or ignorant, I am just a bit concerned over this being consider that something that I've seen done in most TR threads be considered 'rule breaking'.
But you are allowed to ask for the loan of a breeding pair from a teammate who is offering? And it's not considered to be begging? It's specifically allowed in the Type Race rules. Could you please explain what led you to believe differently? Not necessarily just you, I've also seen a few other players seem to believe that loans of Pokemon for breeding in a Type Race are suddenly against the rules when they are written in as specifically allowed, and stated as allowed in the first post.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page