PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Angel of the Shadows

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Angel of the Shadows >

SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
3. Bellossoms in the Wind
Angel's movements were stiff as she headed away from Jenny. Every couple of steps, she felt the urge to look back. She felt like she was in one of those movies where someone watched another walk away. Only this time, she was on the walking end, doing her best not to look back. Doing so implied hope, and she didn't feel there was any chance of mending this burnt bridge. The tingling in her back told her that Jenny watched her as she walked away and possibly hoped for that movie lookback. But Angel finally understood why the walker sometimes chose not to look back. They knew that to do so would be to give in to their hearts. This was for a reason stronger than their bond. If she were to look back, she might change her mind. And right now, she had to leave Jenny behind. Numb, she let her feet lead the way. Ten minutes later, she tripped on something. When she saw that it was the bench near Ally's house, she questioned if she should take some time to collect herself first. If her friend saw her as she was now, Angel would be in for many questions she didn't have the energy to answer. She did not want to end two friendships in one night. In the end, she chose to rest for a bit. "Bell?" Angel blinked, only to find that she couldn't see. Her hand went to wipe whatever it was away, and she found herself surprised when she felt wetness. When had she started to cry? A pair of hands gently touched her knees, which drew her attention to the Bellossom that stood before her. On the right hand was a wristlet made of tightly woven flowers, marking him as Ally's Petunia. Once he noticed he had her full attention, he smiled, took a few steps back, and began to dance and sing. It was a story of the meeting of an Alolan and Galarian Vulpix, who quickly became the best of friends. Over time, the two grew closer, but sadly, they were separated during a blizzard. He gave a few quick stanzas about their journeys as they struggled to find each other again. Suddenly, he stopped and reached out his hands to her, and she couldn't hold back a sigh. Petunia's stories always ended this way. He would spin a marvelous tale, get to the most crucial part, and never reveal the ending. "Why do you do that?" Petunia tilted his head, but Angel could see through his act of innocence. "You never finish your stories." Angel booped him gently on the nose. "Why do you keep people hanging?" He launched into what she expected would be a quickly spoken, long-worded explanation and began to make the "slow down" gesture with her hands. But he was already done by the time she lowered her hands once. It took her a few seconds to replay what he had said. While stroking the petals of a flower on his head, she said, "Life is whatever we choose to make of it." The flowers on his head spun a few times as he held out his hand and muttered words of encouragement to her. After a little while, Angel took his hand and allowed him to lead her. As they walked, he rattled on, mostly about every event he could remember worthy of telling her since she'd last visited. From the bits and pieces she could pick up during his rapidly excited speech, he had some really interesting stories she'd have to ask about when he was calmer. As they arrived at the door, her mind was still processing his last revelation about a relationship between Maya and Ally. He opened the door, and his happy mood was instantaneously gone as he rushed from her side to a woman on the floor beside the couch. The woman lifted her head from the creases of her arms at the sound of the door as it opened, and when she noticed Petunia, she unwrapped her arms from her knees and pulled him into a tight embrace. Angel finally recognized the person as Ally through the smudged and flushed face. Angel shut the door behind her, but she headed toward the kitchen instead of going to her friend. It only took a few seconds to locate the most recent location of the coffee pot. A touch of her fingers against the glass informed her that it hadn't been off long, so she poured a cup for Ally. When she returned, Ally was on the middle cushion of the couch. One of Petunia's hands stroked her left arm, but Ally didn't seem to notice his presence. Or hers. Angel passed the hot cup of coffee into Ally's hands and sat on her other side. Uncertain what to say, Angel placed a hand on Ally's leg. A few minutes passed before she finally asked what was wrong. When a sniffle and a drink were her only answer, she stood and did various chores around the house. She'd been where Ally was now before. In a state of mind so dark and overwhelming that she couldn't bring herself to do anything. It was clear that Ally had been low on energy for a while now. Even though what she was doing would provide little help to someone who'd just let it get this bad again, there were fewer things Ally would have to worry about while she processed her emotions and fought through this. An hour later, Angel returned to the couch and reached for the now-empty cup on the coaster. A hoarse, angry voice told her to get out. She paused and turned to her friend. Ally looked furious at her. But why? What in the world had she done? Better yet, how could she have done anything when they hadn't seen each other in so long? Was that it? Had Ally missed her that much and was mad she hadn't contacted her? When she didn't move, Ally screamed as she leaped to her feet. "Get out! I don't want you here. Or Petunia, for that matter." Angel still didn't move as she tried to figure out what she could have done to deserve this. Eventually, she remembered Petunia's last words before he opened the door. Something about Ally in a relationship with...No. She shook her head, and tears filled her eyes as she dared not believe it. "I heard about the fire. But I didn't realize the two of you had grown that close. Maya can't be dead." She didn't see it coming, but Angel felt the heat on her cheek from Ally's well-placed slap. It was so strong that her head jerked from the force, and she turned back to her friend, mouth open to speak. But she was cut off. "Officer Jenny recently left. She told me everything. I loved you like a sister! So did Maya! We were talking about sister-wives with you. How could you do something like this?" "Okay, first." Angel completely ignored the slap, as she knew it was something Ally had felt she needed to do, so she would grin and bear it. "I didn't know the two of you were together until like two minutes ago—" "That doesn't make a difference!" Ally's hands trembled at her sides. "I'm not saying it does," Angel's hands shook as she tried her best to remain calm, despite the anxiety flooding her at the confrontation. "I don't know what happened, but I swear to Arceus, I will make whoever killed our friend pay." "I already know who did it! And Arceus help me. If you don't leave my house now, along with Petunia, I will call Officer Jenny. Consider it my last act as your 'friend'." Something hit Angel in the chest, and she looked at the floor to see a pokéball. Shock filled her, and she met Ally's tear-stained eyes. "Please. You're not in your right mind now. I understand you want someone to pay, but you can't push away the only ones left in your life." That was the wrong thing to say, as Ally screamed at the top of her lungs for them to get out. Certain there was no point arguing now, Angel picked up the pokéball, grabbed Petunia, who was hysterical as he tried to get back to Ally, and ran into the chilly cold of the night.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page