PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API >

Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
Oh, I didn't mean APIs didn't work like that back then - just that the current website is still using older versions that don't have all the newest features yet, which make implementing a user-friendly API that much easier. For example, I know Niet uses LESS as an extension to CSS (which is why we can use things like @ variables in our site skins), but it's an older version that can't make use of the latest and greatest additions. If I recall, it was around v1.7.3 where the latest is v4.1.3! I remember being disappointed I couldn't use some new, interesting features. Pretty sure JQuery isn't too old but definitely not the latest either (not sure about the server-side as we can't see that). That's all I meant, apologies for not making that clearer ^^ it could easily have been added way back then, but I don't think Niet had anything like that in mind that far back or even thought so many users would join and thus why the code definitely isn't friendly enough for it currently. I also know that Niet doesn't want too much access by users to the server at the moment, as there are already some lag issues on site. If people make too many scripts that overload the server in any way, it could cause that much more of an issue...Some things like accessing the notepad shouldn't be an issue though! I would like see an overhaul for PFQ too, but I believe this was discussed in detail a few years ago with PFNew originally going to be the PFQ "rewrite" instead of a separate game, but because of how poorly data/information is handled on the server-side atm, quite a few things would be lost on a transfer. I can try to dig up some of the old posts if you'd like (if they're still around), but discussing it with the players resulted in PFNew becoming a separate thing instead of a rewrite because people don't want to lose some of their data again. Everyone's worked hard for what they have! Around 2014, there was a rewrite from what people call PF1 to PFQ - quite a lot was lost in this transfer from old Fakemon, items, specials...People were reasonably upset, thus why it was made a discussion/vote resulting in PFNew being separated. Nobody wanted it to happen again. So I'm not sure there will be such a vast rewrite to PFQ itself, but things do change! If a new discussion comes up involving a rewrite again, we'll have to see how that plays out. Otherwise it could be possible to tack in an API for the current site too, it just wouldn't be terribly user friendly due to how data is handled right now (technically there is already an undocumented API in place if you can call it that though). I may well have missed any updates in the past couple years as I've been gone though, so excuse me if any changes to the above were discussed recently ^^; I do really hope to see more positive changes to PFQ itself when and where possible! And an API would be lovely, thus why I'm quite excited for PFNew; JSON data and an API for UserScript players? Yes please! Sorry for long posts by the way, I'm terrible at being concise and get quite ramble-y haha...Perhaps I should start hideboxing my posts more ^^;
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page