PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Gallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

Our newer sprites have been smaller to fit more closely with already established sprite sizes with the rest of the regions. When we have been making our new sprites we have been a bit better at taking into account existing pokemon of similar size and body shaped and found consistantly across especially older sprites like kalos, they were far too large.
It's interesting to look back on this discussion from just a couple of days ago and compare it to Tandemaus (and, by extension, Maushold), because... don't hate me, but Tandemaus seems too big? I know it's two mons in one, with tiny little details on 'em, but compared to the likes of Goomy and Clauncher, who are circa the same size as Tandemaus in canon, it seems very jarring visually. IDK, Tandemaus is a bit of a clunky one to sprite anyway, so this could just be an unavoidable consequence of getting it onto PFQ. Just looks odd to me. For the positive part of the criticism sandwich: Smoliv's line, I like! It is just the right size throughout. She is so small. And the pose chosen for Squawkabilly simply exudes personality, it's full of pomp and sass!
Unfortunately we ran into a situation of if we scaled down the parent pair it made the babies far too small in the Maushold families so we opted for a larger sprite. We may revisit it in the future to maybe see if we can scale it better but for now this works and isn't too crazy. The parents are on par with spinda for size and the babies are similar to pichu in scale
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page