PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in A guide to battles

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > A guide to battles >

BinzoAlfredo's AvatarBinzoAlfredo
I was curious about some of the specifics of battling, so I decided to test some things and share the results here. Disclaimer: these are apporximations from the testing I've done; there's some degree of uncertainty to these estimates Damage Calculation My approximation of the damage formula in this game is Atk/Def*17*multipliers Atk is the attacker's Attack or Sp. Attack stat, Def is the target's Defense or Sp. defense stat, and multipliers are: STAB(same type attack bonus) 1.5x damage if the attack is the same type as the pokemon using it(includes delta type, does not include typeless attacks or attacks from holding a gem) *this bonus applies twice(1.5x1.5=2.25) for double typed Pokemon such as Apocalyptic Arcanine or "double delta" pokemon type effectiveness Same as usual in Pokemon games, super effective is x2, not very effective is x1/2, and immune is x0 Critical Hits critical hits multiply damage by 1.5, and each hit has ≈6.1% of being a critical hit. IQ and move selection A Pokemon with max IQ will select its best move ≈75% of the time. I might gather some more data over time and update this if needed, but for now I think my estimates are reasonably close. Hope someone finds this information helpful :]
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page