PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

SerHawke's AvatarSerHawke
Extremely disappointed by the fennekin-line recolors. The sprite work is fine, and the changes there small enough that I don't really find them worth commenting on, but... I see that they've probably made changes intended to make the fire on the albino and melanistic have variation more simular to the normal/shiny version. I understand that the team seems to like to keep to the originals a lot, but I considered this a flaw in the games and it's a flaw to me here. I loved the color variation in the fire before, especially the blue fire the melanistic had, and now the albino and melanistic ones look just as boring and copy/pasted as the regular and shiny. The melanistic one looks fine aside from the fire issue, but the weird green just doesn't look as good as the original sprite. The previous colors feel much more cohesive. The albino coloration is the worst for me though. It lost a lot of variety in the color palette. The original looked like a paler version of the regular one, the type of thing I think a natural albino for the species might actually look like. With the way the new one matches the fire exactly, it just looks so much flatter. And, while I get it for the shiny and melanistic, with this change the fennekin-line has more purple going on than between the sprites than it's actual warm-tone colors now. Shame, because the Chespin line looks nice, but this greatly overshadows it for me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page