PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Opinions on TR team threads

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Opinions on TR team threads >

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

snip Possible fixes? 3) similar to the block on seeing any user reports other than your own, an initial 24+hr blackout on type race thread hosting 'applications' (except ones own), then revealing them all at once. With or without time to openly apply further before voting begins.
Trebor always comes in with really thoughtful comments and I think this one in particular is worth looking at. In the past I have definitely been prey to voting on a thread with a "recognizable user" as the host merely because I've heard of the player. Having a blackout would be great so that you don't see "Oh, X popular player has signed up already so I shouldn't try." It could also be worth looking into an anonymous thread submission? Like how contest entries work. You can see the thread, and the intro (excluding names), but not the user who put it forward. It could be a hit or miss concept, but it could also let some newer players sneak in and get the title. I really like the idea of a vanity plate reward based on your performance. Like after the week itself, players could submit that yes, they thought this host was effective. Or yes, this player contributed so many points, or was the loudest cheerleader. I don't think it should be a monetary/item reward. One thing I feel that could seriously boost PFQ's user base's morale is to recognize the community. Having forum user plates for Type Race effort makes sense, considering there are plates for Wiki Editors and Discord Boosters. It's a small thing, but it gives users a chance to be recognized for their interactions in the game by their peers.
Avatar & Cactus Amaura made by me.
Member since 12 May 2017
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page