PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

SoulWesson's AvatarSoulWesson
Several times over the last few releases I've seen people say they want the opportunity to see the potential outcomes before they go live, but there've been plenty of good reasons not to do that. Am I going to miss the blacks-and-neons of some of these melans? You bet. But no matter how much we ask or say that we want to see them, it's not going to happen. It would be nice but there's several reason why they wouldn't let us: -Delay in releases. Taking the time to get even remotely in line with the majority of users will delay a sprite's release. In some cases, we might be lucky and get it within a week or so of the original planned release. Others, in the worst cases, could take a couple months as the userbase goes back and forth in a Color War over a series of pixels. -Seeing and voting on the options would likely cause more discourse, anyway. Not everyone likes purple. Not everyone likes green. Not everyone likes grays or blacks or blues. And a lot of people might. But a cursory glance over a couple of forums, and it's easy to guess that there could likely be arguments over which color palette should be the one to go live. And as it is, not seeing the color options ahead of time, fewer people are less likely to be upset that their preferred/voted on colors lost. -No one can make everyone perfectly content. What one user will see as the epitome of perfection, another user will see as refuse. So instead, they follow formulas and rule sets and try to work with the userbase as-needed, as they seem to be doing by going back to the coloring board with the mushrooms. Honestly, I'll miss the black-and-blue Emolga, but I love the chocolate cherry squirrel, too. (And it's so nice not to feel it pulling my soul out with its eyeballs, too)
Score: 0
Badge by LycanKai
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page