PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
@Celestane I'm not art staff so obviously I can't comment on, like, other potential sprites or anything, but I do think I can potentially offer some insight into their methodology, or at least what I can gather: Base line: Saturated body with slightly darker feather tuft --> Very light body with same color feather tuft. Shiny: Saturated pink body with slightly darker & warmer purple feather tuft --> Very light purple body with slightly darker & cooler purple feather tuft. The difference here is that while the base line keeps the same blue, the shiny changes color between Ducklett and Swanna from pink with warm purple to purple with cool purple. Swanna's shiny colors change where regular Swanna's don't, basically, so shiny Swanna is cooler colored than regular Swanna when compared to their Duckletts. Therefore, while the albino keeps the same tone of mint green because it's based on the regular Ducklett line coloration, which stays the same between evolutions, the melan does the weird hue-shifty thing like shiny Ducklett line. Because shiny Swanna is cooler colored than shiny Ducklett, melan Swanna is cooler colored than melan Ducklett (in this case, going from a warm purple to a cool blue-green). I, personally, as an advocate for less gurple and green in general (as much as I love it), think that it could look better as less blue-green and more just blue, but this sprite overall, I think, is an improvement on the old one. Those had the exact same colors between Ducklett and Swanna despite the fact that Swanna is definitely supposed to be lighter than Ducklett. It all ties back to melans being shiny albinos :3 And! You can also see this happening in the new Solosis line sprites! Because shiny Reuniclus's goo stuff is a slightly warmer color than shiny Solosis and Duosion, melan Reuniclus's goo stuff is more reddish purple than the pre-evolutions as well. I think it's a really neat touch that shows how much thought and effort is being put into these revamps :D
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page