PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

while i’m all in favor of the sprites getting updated in regards to shading and other such matters, i do have to agree that changing the colors of the melans and albinos feels really arbitrary most of the time? although it can be a good thing- i think the current vanillite line albinos and melans are way better than the original, especially the albinos because they lean more into a neapolitan gimmick- it can also end in disaster, like the fiasco that was the original vanillite revamps, which lasted all of… 43 minutes before they were changed again. i don’t remember who, but i’m pretty sure someone said a while ago that there should be community input on these things, which i’d like to echo again. if the art team thinks some albino and melan palettes are bad and need to be improved, they should poll the community and see what they think, too. i know that there’s no way to make everyone happy with them, but as seen in the aforementioned vanillite line fiasco, there are definitely decisions that can be made by the majority of players. and i really don’t think every albino and melan color scheme needs to be completely recreated just for the sake of newness- if the community largely decides that they like a pokemon’s current palettes, they should stay the same, just with better shading. (i mean, not to stay stuck on the vanillite topic, but it really baffled me because it already had a solid idea behind it and almost nobody liked the original recolors. it felt like it was changed just so they could say they updated it, though if there was a solid reasoning for it behind the scenes i’d really love to hear it and get a staff artist’s perspective) plus, if the community got to collectively decide on new palettes before they were finalized, i feel like it would lead to people having more genuinely positive things to say about the final products, instead of the positivity needing to be strictly enforced by staff.
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 97 — 10,417 / 28,519
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugPoison
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
bg/pfp from pkmn masters, pfp edited by me (note)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page