PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN

QUOTE originally posted by Seejey

I also miss old albino Pichu. The only reason why I wanted one was because it looked like a lab rat. Now, no offence, but it looks like it was covered in grape bubble gum. 😣 I'm affraid of what will happen to Emolga, the last Unovan melan I like. Whoever decided that albinos and melanistics shouldn't be white and black anymore (you know, those nice colours that go with everything and what everyone would expect from albino and melanistic creatures)
... This guy? Are you sure? /lh I get that some people DO like the old neon sprites, but I think most of us here can loosely agree that current melan Emolga is... Not Good, Actually. I find the bright golden eyes unsettling, the flat greys boring, and the blight sky blue wing pockets in stark contrast to the eyes jarring and overall just not a very aesthetically pleasing sprite. Hence why staff is currently redoing a lot of the old melans-- they firstly don't look like melanistic creatures and secondly often just don't look great. It's not that they "can't be black and white anymore" (they can, actually, and there are several new albinos and melans that use desaturated colors) or even "what everyone would expect" (do me a favor and google melanistic animals, several of them are not just straight black, and albino animals often have lots of pink) but that don't you think if every albino or melan was just flat, desaturated colors with occasional pops of bright color, that'd be kind of boring? I like that now there's a wider variety of color palettes art staff is using to recolor pokemon, as opposed to Way Back When when melan sprites were various shades of dark grey with occasional out-of-place sections of bright color. Plus, there is still a place for dark greys. Like look at new Arcanine-- especially the Hisuian one! That one's pretty nice, with the dark greys and blues! Or Cofagrigus, which also has a lot of neutral tones amongst darker, more harmonious blues as well.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page