PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer

Authors note

right, a bit of a slow update. I had some serious difficulties coming up with a name for the brother I liked XD
Chapter 23 – Meet the brother On a sunny autumn morning Andy was standing on the pavement, between two of trees that had been planted neatly in row over the length of the sidewalk. The leaves on the trees were red, yellow and green. A gust of wind ripped a couple of leaves from the trees and gently lay them on the ground. Across the street was a large building with a driveway that gave access to it. Small groups of people were walking to and from the building, an occasional Pokémon was accompanying someone or being carried by someone. After Andy had made it over the mountain he had travelled to the city he now was. He could still see the mountain with the white top where he had come face to face with Articuno behind the large building across the street. A brown haired young man left one of the small groups that came from the tall building and raised his hand to him. A gesture Andy returned with a grin. “Hey Andy, it’s good to see you!” “I know, that’s why I always look in the mirror first thing in the morning,” Andy replied with a grin. He gave his brother a pat on the back. “It’s good to see you, bro.” Matt, the brother of Andy, chuckled and gave his younger brother a pat on the back as well. “I wouldn’t know, I don’t spent too much time in front of a mirror.” “You should, we share the dazzling good looks we inherited most likely from our mother.” Matt was three years older then Andy and was a student at the university across the street, studying archaeology. Where Andy had blond hair, he had brown hair and even though Andy was younger, he was a bit taller then his brother. “I see you’ve let your hair grow,” Matt noted, looking at Andy’s hair. He himself had his hair cut short. “I’m just too lazy to get my hair cut,” Andy chuckled. “I think I’ll keep it like this, I kinda like it.” “It looks good on you. Father won’t approve though.” “Who cares? So, tell me what you’ve been up to.” Together the two brothers started to walk away, Matt took his younger brother to a bar not too far from the university for a drink. Matt had left Rhando island just after Andy had found Benny in the forest. Just like Andy, Matt had his own Pokémon and he had travelled around, before he choose to study for a profession at the university. Andy told is brother about the travel so far, about the Pokémon he had added to his team, the people he had met, the adventures he had gotten himself into. “Articuno, for real?” Matt asked and Andy nodded. “Wow, that’s big. I haven’t seen a legendary Pokémon yet.” “You will, I’m sure of that. How’s your study going?” The brothers talked on and on, they had to catch up after all. They always had been close, even though they were greatly different. Not just by looks, but Matt was a whole lot more serious then Andy was, which in that light meant that was mildly serious in comparison with most of the others students. Still, he was one of the few who could put up with Andy’s way of exaggerating, boasting and joking around. After their talk in the bar, they moved to the park where they called their Pokémon. They wanted to show each other what they had caught over time and they the Pokémon would get to know each other. “You remember my brother, right Benny?” Andy asked and the Butterfree nodded. Benny flew over to Matt, lowered himself so he could hang on his shoulders and gave a cheerful greeting. After that Matt was introduced to the playful Bear, the shy Kim and the serious Merlin. Matt then introduced his Pokémon to Andy. One of the Pokémon, a Houndoom, walked up to Andy to greet him. Andy hadn’t seen him since he was still a Houndour. He remembered that just like him, his brother hadn’t picked up his first Pokémon at the lab. The Houndour had been a gift from Thomas, the old man who lived in the forest just outside Mesperit city on Rhando Island. The other Pokémon that were now standing in the grass were a Charmander, a Pachirisu, a Larvitar, an Aggron and a Golduck. Both Andy and Matt sat down and Matt informed how Henry was doing. Andy had to say he didn’t know, they hadn’t been in contact ever since they went their separate ways in Vermillion City, but that they would meet up in Rhando Island to share their adventures and plan their next travel soon enough. Then a moment of silence fell between them, a comfortable silence, as they watched their Pokémon talk to each other. At one point Benny started laughing and Merlin rolled his eyes. After Benny told the other Pokémon something, while pretending to throw something and pointing at a tree, and while Merlin shook his head for a second time, the other Pokémon laughed as well. Except for Kim, she didn’t seem comfortable laughing about the story. And Merlin just sighed. “I wonder what they’re talking about,” Matt said with a smile. “Oh, I know what story Benny is telling,” Andy replied with a grin and he showed his brother his cracked Poké Ball. He told his brother what had happened when he had tried to catch Merlin and it made his brother laugh as well. They could hear a female voice say ‘Honey!’ and Matt waved at the approaching young woman with a smile. “Honey?” Andy repeated with a grin. “I might have forgot to mention I have a girlfriend now,” Matt stated with a similar grin. “You might have.” Andy looked at his brother’s girlfriend, she certainly was pretty and well-dressed. Matt stood up and greeted his girlfriend with a kiss. “Vivian, this is my younger brother Andy.” “Hello Andy,” Vivian said as she extended her hand. “It’s nice to meet you.” Andy got also up and shook her hand. “I’m sure it is, I am the most awesome Pokémon trainer of the known regions after all.” Vivian frowned at Andy and Matt rolled his eyes. “How many Leagues have you won?” Vivian asked. “None.” “Badges?” “Three.” Vivian looked quite sceptical. “And you call yourself an awesome Pokémon trainer?” “Certainly!” Andy said, not at all hindered by the sceptical look he received. “I have a bunch of awesome Pokémon after all.” He gestured to the group of Pokémon. Vivian looked at them for a bit before she turned back to Andy. “Just four?” “You counted that correctly.” “Which one was your starter?” “The Butterfree.” “And you call yourself an awesome trainer?” she repeated her earlier question. Andy showed a smile. “I think I already answered that question, but yeah, I am an awesome trainer. If you don’t believe me, ask my Pokémon!” While Bear immediately started nodding and explaining with hand and feet how awesome Andy was, and while he was at it explaining how awesome he was at all, a derogatory sound came from Merlin. “Oh, come on Merlin!” Andy said to his Noctowl. “You know I am awesome.” The Noctowl just looked silently at Andy. “Fine,” Andy sighed. “Don’t admit it, but know you’re doing some serious damage on my ego here.” Benny flew towards Andy and gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder, although there was a happy look in his eyes. “Thanks Benny,” Andy said with a grin. “I’m feeling better already.” Matt had watched how Andy and his Pokémon had interacted with a smile and he chuckled now. “I see you get along just fine with your Pokémon.” “They’re the best,” Andy agreed. “Even mister serious over there.” Merlin sighed, knowing very well Andy was referring to him. That evening Andy had dinner with Matt and his girlfriend and when Vivian told Andy she had received her starter, a Bulbasaur back then but a Venasaur by now, from professor Oak. To which Andy replied he had met the professor in New Bark Town back in the Johto region. And as he told about that, he thought that it might be a good idea to go to the professor. He had a close encounter with a legendary Pokémon after all, which was pretty rare. The professor might like to hear about it. So, the decision was easily made, he’d travel to Pallet Town the next day. Andy stayed in Pallet Town for a while and met with professor Oak. He spent some time at the lab and helped out as he talked with the professor. It became soon apparent professor Oak enjoyed sharing his knowledge and Andy learned a lot. After a while, Andy travelled back to Saffron to challenge Sabrina again. Just like last time he used his Butterfree and she used her Kadabra. The only difference was that this time Andy won the battle. He praised his Butterfree for his skills and thanked Sabrina for the fantastic battle. In the end Andy travelled the Kanto and Johto region until he felt he had seen everything he wanted to see and it was time to go home.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page