PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

scavengers's Avatarscavengers
I'm not around the site much anymore, but I do keep up to date on the sprite updates. I just wonder if there isn't some kind of... idk, middle ground between the two parties? This discussion comes up so often, almost every time a sprite gets updated, and it gets out of hand almost every time. And it's so understandable why everyone is frustrated. The artists on site get their art basically thrown back in their faces, but users who spend time and potentially real life money on site may also get one of their favourite sprites changed without any warning, and what they perceive as without reason. But this 'issue' keeps happening, with the same arguments getting brought up every time and (as far as I can tell) nothing budges. I don't know what the middle ground is, and I have little to no artistic background, but would there be a way for the current outlines for the albino and melan colourations to take from the old colours rather than having completely new colours? Rather than making a new palette, taking the original sprites colours but tweaking them towards what the new standards are? That way people who enjoyed the original melans can still kind of have the sprite they hunted for, while the site can still work within the improved guidelines. Also, on something that I think might just be me

Question about Oshawott sprite

I can't tell if it is just me, my computer settings or something else, but Oshawotts sprite now seems to have a slightly blue/grey tinted head? As far as I can tell, it's head has been white in all media, so is it a mistake or something to do with shading? As I say, it also could just be my eyes ^^;
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page