PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shedding Strength: Lucille Aftermath -- [COMPLETED]

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shedding Strength: Lucille Aftermath -- [COMPLETED] >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Final Part

With a curious frown, Pilar pointed toward one of the nurses who had found the children more interesting than doing her actual job. “Can’t the doctors give you something?” Candice shook her head. “They won’t work on me.” Careful of her bandages, Candice stood from the wheelchair that Rondrio and Lucille steadied. “All I need is a couple minutes of quiet. I can make myself sleepy like that.” She snapped her fingers, but then shrugged. “Well… somewhat. Something weird happens whenever I try to enter this dream, but I can still do it.” Rondrio clapped his hands together. “Go hit the sheets then.” He gestured to Lucille. “We won’t use the orbs again until the rest are awake.” Lucille didn’t think that was a good idea. She knew the Minva Orb could at least heal their bodies while they were still out. Why wouldn’t Rondrio allow her to do that much? What had happened that would make him so worried? Her gaze drifted as her mind wandered back to a couple years ago. Had something significant happened that she’d forgotten? Once the nurse had helped Candice out of the room, Kaname slinked next to Rondrio and took hold of his arm. “Do you plan on explaining all this to your parents?” she asked, her face showing fear as well as worry. “Every last detail,” he responded in a breath. Lucille scoffed. Her mom didn’t have a clue about the danger her precious daughter had been in the last three years. Telling her at this point would almost guarantee permanent confinement in New Wylden—a seemingly endless routine of home and school until she was thirty-five. Rondrio didn’t know how lucky he was to have such understanding parents. “Even…?” Kaname continued. Rondrio hesitated. “Yeah… No need to wait until you start showing.” Pilar gasped. Lucille, unable to stop the grin spreading across her face, shouted, “You’re lying!” before the sole remaining orderly shushed her. A quick, apologetic nod later, she slipped to Kaname’s side and laid a palm on her belly. “How far along are you?” she asked in a lower, but still excited voice. “A couple months…” Rondrio answered, staring at Kaname with a recalling grin. He pointed to her. “…but when did you know?” Kaname flipped her straight, black hair behind her shoulders, and for a brief moment, Lucille thought she spotted a few dark spots near the back of the girl’s neck. But after blinking, Kaname’s skin held no blemishes. Lucille dismissed it when Kaname answered. “I became curious when I was late a few weeks ago, but after the nausea hit—and hit hard…” “Didja go see a doc?” the orderly immediately asked. After a silent moment and exchanging glance with Rondrio, she shook her head. “Then you oughta come with me, please.” Nodding timidly, Kaname quietly left with the young man. Rondrio watched intently as they exited the room. He hadn’t noticed Lucille basically diving at him until the instant before her arms wrapped around him and nearly tackled him to the floor. “Can’t believe you’re gonna be a dad! Wait ‘til I tell the others! They’re gonna flip!” With a thin smile, he let his head tilt in Lucille’s direction. “Yeah… Wonder how much longer I’ll be able to travel with you guys.” All the excitement drained from her face just that quickly. Rondrio had been with her ever since the beginning of their orb madness. She never considered that one day soon she might be fighting without him by her side. For a moment—only a heartbeat—she started to sink. But in the next instant, she snapped herself out of it with brightness filling her eyes. “Until that time gets here, you still have a lot of work to do, starting with getting our friends out of that dream world.” His smile growing more genuine, Rondrio glanced at their bedridden friends. “Right… Let’s get to work, partner.” Lucille nodded. In this, she was his partner and always would be.
-END-
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page