PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon... >

somnomania's Avatarsomnomania
grandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

As a tangential ramble, I'd like to comment on the state of Shinies in general. Specifically the fact that players have come to expect shinies to be handed out left and right. I encountered a shiny Shellos in Platinum and it was exilerating (even if the colouration itself was a bitter disappointment). And in the 14 years since that event I have never encountered another wild Shiny Pokémon. Until today, when playing Legends Arceus on stream, and I ran into a Shiny Bidoof. It didn't feel special, it didn't feel earned, it was just like "hey you've caught a handful of Bidoof, here have a shiny one." I wanted to just knock it out and move on to something I actually deserved, but... well, I'll still take a free shiny I guess! In fan-games it is not uncommon to see Shinies being obtained quite easily, to the point where - as I said at the start of this ramble - players feel entitled to Shinies. I firmly believe that no, they should remain rare and special as the rare mutation that they are. Because when every Pokémon is special, none of them are.
For me, it's not that I'm expecting shinies, it's that it was stated that the rarity tiers went shiny > albino > melanistic, but I was getting far more albinos than shinies. I'd be perfectly happy with shinies being the rarest, as a completely different color instead of just lighter or darker, but that's a total flip from how it is now, I imagine most people wouldn't go for that. But yeah, my only beef was the ratio of albinos to shinies. I understand completely that none of the special colors should be easy to get.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page