PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon... >

Nezha's AvatarNezha
grandmaster.pngd+.png
(i typed way too much for the fact that it's almost midnight here, please let me know if i should elaborate or otherwise make a certain point more comprehensible later) maybe a useless suggestion, but i've been thinking about the fact that there are only two albino boosts you can get in the game, one being the radar itself at varying levels which is required to hatch albinos to begin with (this is generously counting charging anywhere above level 1 as a "boost") and z-crystals which are (as has been pointed out many times in this particular thread) rare and expensive. shinies, on the other hand, have several potential boosts to take into account. ignoring the potd boost, there's mostly the pokeradar chain, the shiny charm, and sei, and each of these provide Pretty Big Boosts. it's hard to see the albino radar as anything but "activate it to enable albinos" rather than an actual boost, so then the z-crystals are kind of the only one. it's a big boost on paper, but again, rare and expensive. in one of the dp threads linked in the first post, the idea of getting z fragments based on the v-wave for dp was suggested, which tangentially made me wonder if maybe it would be feasible to have a potd-ish albino boost on the v-wave type? it wouldn't have to be by much, but a third (or technically second, depending on how you view it) way of boosting albinos may satisfy users who were upset over the recent nerf to the overall rate? especially with it being a boost that doesn't need purchasing, just waiting and planning, similar to sei. as far as actual feedback goes: i can't remember if i mentioned any of this in previous posts or just thought about it, but i personally have felt much more interested in delta hunting since the point increase, to the point where i now immediately trade in any extra s/a pokemon i hatch as soon as i've noted their info down in my little virtual notebook (ie: [shiny]/[hatched], +charm, [date]). i am very happy about the idea of increasing the f2p max chain even though it doesn't benefit me at all, as i always endeavor to have hypermode when i'm planning to be active and actually hunt. i think shortening the gap between hypermode and non is super important, and increasing the shiny odds will obviously also help albinos seem rarer as a whole, which is what you've stated is your preference. for the ubercharm... i believe i've said before that i'm in favor of nerfing melan odds just from looking at the market, but as someone who doesn't really *melan* hunt as much as stack boosts just in case, i have to note that it doesn't really affect me either way... which only means that i'm not going to have much of an opinion on it other than noticing "hey aren't there more/less melans in general now than there were at x time?" the idea of buffing the shiny charm excites me, but i'd like to know if that will increase either the price of the charms themselves or the amount of gp it takes to recharge them, or both? keeping the price the same or increasing it slightly would both make equal sense to me, honestly, so i don't have any opinion on which it should be. thank you for your time and efforts, niet. it's easy to say things should be some certain way or another when you're dissastisfied with your own experience as a player, but i'm sure very few if not None of us actually have experience trying to balance a whole mmo from up top. it's frankly hard to sympathize with any point of view that's difficult to imagine the actual scope of, which explains why a lot of users just aren't getting your reasoning and may feel like they're being picked on.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page