PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Account management updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Account management updates >

Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by MochaFox

Names will not be freed up. While unlikely, those Users may come back. how would they be able to retrieve their info or login if the username they used is no longer theirs? Whatever username they chose will always be their username. They got it first, and thus get to keep it until they decide to change it of their own accord. Many apologies for the letdown. ;w;
Actually there are a lot of options for this situation, I can think of 4 right off the bat but I will give the simplest one as an example. - Someone who is active wants a username of a user who hasn't logged in for 6+ years - Email is sent to user who has that username saying they have 30 days to login or their username will be changed (You could use the user account number as their new username, if that number is taken add an underscore/extra number/letter/etc) Support tickets can also be made, so if they are having trouble logging in they can contact support with just their email. There are various ways to do this, so it's not really a "how would they be able to do this" because it is something that definitely can be done, it's just not wanting to offer it which is fine as it is more work for no reward and probably annoying to do and implement.

emotional topic

However, there is also the delicate situation of users who have passed away and have memorable stuff on their profiles in their about me's and such, which is an awkward position for that. Obviously it is clear that those profiles should be left alone but how to tell about other profiles that have nothing on the topic that could be the same situation? There is indeed no way to.
Edit: I would still love my other question answered about time limit for changing usernames remaining once a year or being adjusted if possible :> thanks for your response to my other question mocha
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page