PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Real Money Trading

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Real Money Trading >

Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by AstroCat

I'm confused as to why there is no grace period because "There could be a paper trail admitting that we knew it was illegal and allowed it to continue" then also carry on to say that you've been debating this for years now but suddenly came to this decision? Is that not, in itself, a paper trail?
I want to address this point. Good question. The discussion over the past months/years was removal of RMT on the basis of users scamming one another / etc. Basically it being a heavily difficult issue to resolve when it comes to trade breaches, because we can neither force nor prove the reversal of funds via PayPal when a user tries to fleece or scam someone else. These discussions were ultimately not acted on because we didn't want to punish the many for the few. The discussion that began 14 Jan was on the basis of users likely not claiming their income from it on their taxes, which is what lead to the ban of RMT becoming final. This was legality that we came across - we could no longer argue it. We had to move to ban it immediately upon reaching that conclusion on its legality, and that is why we are here.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page