PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shedding Strength: Lucille Aftermath -- [COMPLETED]

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shedding Strength: Lucille Aftermath -- [COMPLETED] >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 4

Tears filling her eyes, Kaname released Rondrio’s hand and whapped him on the shoulder. “Idiot! You had me terrified!” “Can you not hurt him yet?” Lucille asked, holding up the Minva Orb. “We have to heal everybody else.” Rondrio glanced at her before staring at the Selco Orb in his hand. “No, we don’t. Not yet anyway.” He held up the orb. “That really hurt, and I’m the one with a connection to this thing. Who knows how bad the strain would be on the others.” Lucille scoffed. “Then what? We just let our friends suffer?” She refused to just stand by and watch her friends go through agony. Wouldn’t it be worth the risk to use the orbs? They could at least heal them of their wounds if the mist couldn’t stir them awake. For a few seconds, Rondrio just looked at her. Lucille had come to know that look as his thinking face. She had seen it often enough to know that if a good enough idea came to mind, a snap of his fingers would soon follow. Sitting up, Rondrio snapped his fingers. Lucille and Kaname grinned simultaneously, sharing a knowing glance while listening to Rondrio’s idea. “We need Candice first! Where is she? She can go back in and warn the others!” With a confused look, Lucille briefly shook her head. “Go back in?” Rondrio nodded. “You don’t remember?” Wincing, Rondrio frowned at the intravenous needle still plunged into his left arm. Pointing at it, he looked to the nurses and doctor who had been silently watching in amazement. “I promise I don’t need this anymore. Could you please get it out?” “I’ll go see if Candice is awake again.” Kaname kissed his cheek and seemed to whisper something into his ear that caused him to gently reach for her hand. They gazed into each other’s eyes, and for the briefest moment, Lucille thought she caught a slight smile across Rondrio’s lips. Kaname released his hand a second later and left the room without making eye contact with anyone else. As curious as that exchange was, Lucille found her mind drifting back to her question. Rondrio cringed as one of the nurses carefully removed the needle from his arm. Pilar giggled. “You’re afraid of needles.” “Shut up,” Rondrio quickly demanded. The nurse, attending to his arm with gauze in hand, watched closely as the puncture mark immediately closed. With wide eyes, she shot Lucille a look of shock. With a shrug, Lucille smiled innocently. Such a small wound didn’t need the attention of her orb. Ever since they’d come in contact with the orbs, their bodies had been able to heal faster than normal anyway. “Think of this way,” she told the nurse, “at least you won’t waste another band-aid.” Rondrio tilted his head. With a smirk, Lucille silently gestured to her forehead. Frowning, he reached up to his own forehead and soon felt the bandage wrapped tightly around it. Realization settling into his eyes, he muttered, “The headache…” Pushing back the sheet, he gazed at his heavily bandaged legs in disgust. “That must’ve been one heckuva wreck.”
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page