PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Type Race Announcements >

LycanKai's AvatarLycanKai

QUOTE originally posted by purring

while i'm glad the staff are wanting to make it more fair + have more people participate, this feels like such a weird system. i don't know if it was actually the best way to fix this? voting turns it into a popularity competition. looking at the teams that have two threads so far, i don't see why someone would pick one thread over the other. except "i like this person so i'm going to vote for them". people who are popular or post on the forums/discord a lot are going to be voted for most months imo. i think the same general idea except a raffle instead of voting would be more fair? i'm happy to see how we go with this system for now but i get the feeling it will ruffle feathers more than the old system did. not getting to lead because you were too late is one thing, but not getting to lead because no one votes for you is depressing and discouraging
I agree, it's now nothing but a competition of who the most well known user is. Before, everyone had a chance, now, only the popular people have a chance. I also don't understand how this is supposed to encourage people to participate more in TR. I imagine, like myself and some friends on here, a lot of people won't bother because they know they aren't well known enough on the website. It's just going to turn into the same handful of users hosting the threads every single time. I don't think "a few occasions" is worth overhauling an entire system and turning it into a high school popularity contest when they could have been dealt with individually. This also harms participation, as another user started previously that you completely passed over; this doesn't give users time to prepare.
♥ In Need of Braves -- List in Journal ♥
Score: 0
Button and score badge made by me. Art/Code can be found in my journal!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page