PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon >

wolfcore's Avatarwolfcore
master.pnge+.png
I like the idea of "lunar" for albinos and "solar" for melans! To me, this implies that lighter-colored pokemon are named "lunar" because of of a lack of melanin in their coats, maybe making them more sensitive to the sun and thusly being "active" at night more often? Also, the moon is grey, so that color connection would make sense! And for darker-colored pokemon, the name "solar" would imply that they have lots of melanin in their skin, meaning that they can withstand sunlight better than their lighter-colored counterparts. And when i think of the Sun i think of fire, and fire burns things, making them "charred" or black in appearance :0 Edit: I also love the chiffon/velvet idea a ton!!! the fabric comparison of "dark" and "light" is super expressive in my eyes, and i love the names!
delta rescuer and box hoarder
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page