PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Field Type Changing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Field Type Changing >

G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
Doesn't this site have enough money sinks? Especially given they aren't really necessary, in my opinion? I won't spam the thread and get into that type of conversation, but it just feels completely unnecessary. New fields get increasingly more expensive, that's a money sink Everyone recently got reminded while trying to regain Arceus, Colress Shack is a huge money sink, and somewhat unavoidable Stacking boxes could be considered a money sink Badges are technically a money sink This is just for credits, there's more money sinks for the other 2 currencies as well, and there's more than the examples I just listed You already have to purchase the field, which as mentioned get increasingly expensive. Gumshoe gave a wonderful insight into those prices. They get ridiculously high. Just because a veteran user can supposedly "afford more" doesn't mean they should be expected to do so solely in order to house a favorite pokemon, or while working on badges, or for any other purpose/reason they have. Personally, I don't really find much merit in the original justification of no longer needing to "empty out the field and then put the Pokémon back in the new one." If you're already looking to switch your pokemon to another field, this is just an unavoidable step isn't it? It's not overly inconvenient in my opinion, the only inconvenience is the price of that new field you need just because you're seeking a different type. I was rather glad to hear about the field type change, but upon seeing the feature has a paywall of sorts it feels redundant, the only reason I can think of for wanting a specific type field is personal opinion on the backgrounds or evos/happiness, that's the only point of them really. Even then, why shouldn't that just be a free thing? Happiness being passively raised/lowered shouldn't have a price on it, evos are time consuming enough and there's many other options outside of field type specific ones, really at that point it's more just for aesthetic purposes, changing a field type. Do we need a price on aesthetics that affect nobody outside of the owner of the fields? Obviously the feature is still better than buying a new field, it's cheaper than buying a new field, but it just feels unnecessary for there to be a price at all on it. It'd be a lot more convenient/preferred by a large amount of the community I'm sure if this was just a free thing, or at the very least something much cheaper. Obviously I don't expect it to be free, not given it was implemented with specific price scaling already, but it would have been nice. At the very least though, I'll have to agree with Gumshoe in that I'd prefer the price to be equal for everybody, regardless of existing field count or veteran status.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page